checking status of bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daburban

Reaction score
Is there any sort of shaking or tapping i can do to see if my bottles are carbonating? Anything besides opening a bottle? As you can tell, yo soy muy impaciente. :ban:

i always bottle 2 or 3 in pet plastic bottles so i can tell with a squeeze how carbonation is progressing

Daburban said:
Is there any sort of shaking or tapping i can do to see if my bottles are carbonating? Anything besides opening a bottle? As you can tell, yo soy muy impaciente. :ban:

I had the same problem and a couple of the guys on here told me to send them my beer and they would check for me. After about two-three weeks I got an email back saying my beer was carbonated! Everyone on here is so helpful!

I bottle a few in 6-8oz glass bottles and a few in 12oz clear bottles. Then I keep an eye on the amount of yeast settled on the bottom of the clear bottles. When it seems fairly thick I will open one of the small bottles to test. That way if it isn't quite ready I am only wasting a small amount. (actually, it doesn't reeeally get wasted :))

I really like the PET bottle idea. I may have to try that.

Yeah i've had some "helpful" advice on sending my beer out for inspection ; ). I really like the plastic bottle idea, something i can really grab onto. I'm not familiar with this pet bottle. Are we talking the mister beer style bottles or would an old soda bottle work? Fezzman, would seeing yeast settling be a sign of time not carbonation? Thanks guys.

Back