Cheap labels.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuadConPana

Reaction score
I've done everything from designing neat looking homebrew labels to writing on masking tape with a sharpie.

I've used the milk adhesive thing. I've tried printing on sticker paper. Some looked better than others. Others were easier to remove. None made me completely happy.

I've found a very cheap solution, that isn't exactly perfect, but pretty cool.

Avery makes day dots in sheets of 24 that fit in an inkjet printer. They have design software online that is VERY easy to use. So, instead of labeling my bottles, I label my bottle caps. No problem figuring out how to remove the label, since I have to do that to drink the beer. And that's never a problem. For $6 on Amazon I can make enough labels for 1,000 bottles of beer. And they look kind of neat.

11751426_10205500110235348_6712814454923508068_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn ! Wish i thought of that a long time ago. I got a bunch of bottles here that i call suprise beer. Because i dont know what they are.

That a cheap and easy solution !

Do they stay on in a cooler full of ice and water ?

Check out bottlemark.com. They do labels and caps. You can upload jpegs for some cool looking caps and labels. I've had some pretty good compliments from the guys in my beer club about my bottled brews (wished they liked my beer as much, LOL!).

I bought the "dots". Printed them out and put one on every cap (all 300 bottles!). So much easier to sort out. No more questions from my friends like " which one is the ... Kinda beer.
Thanks so much. This will be good until I make out my real plastic labers from my friend who owns a banner design shop. He will print out all my bottle labels in plastic labels (like the Heineken labels!!).

Damn ! Wish i thought of that a long time ago. Do they stay on in a cooler full of ice and water ?

The batch is still bottle conditioning. But, one of the reasons I went to this is that the Avery sticker paper I made labels with before was a beeyotch to get off of the bottles. I'll be surprised if these don't stay on properly.

The Amazon link posted is for "Removable" labels. Is that what you got? Seems like you wouldn't want something that is intended to be easily removed?

Back