cheap Hopper Upgrade for Cereal Killer mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidman

Reaction score
I have been doing 10 gallon batches and using somewhere in the 22 to 25lb grain bills. While I enjoy my cereal killer mill, it gets to be a pita to continually stop and feed more grain. In doing another project I ended up purchasing (5) 4.25 gallon HDPE containers. In this case it looks like it was a food service size mayo container. Turns out I had one left and after a thorough washing and sanitizing I realized it was a similar size as my mill hopper. Just cut a whole in the bottom and used two screws to temporarily hold in place when in use. Now the hopper holds about 25lb's of grain and I can disassemble quickly and put in a storage container for safe keeping.
I got all 5 of these containers for $35 on Ebay but it occurred to me that I have seen similar plastic tub formats for other things like cat litter.
014.JPG
013.JPG
012.JPG
011.JPG
010.JPG
007.JPG

Need to find one of those containers. Sure would be nice to load up the hopper once and crush. Thanks for the idea!

Back