Cheap grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what I use its called a corona mill lots of threads on here about mods for them.

I use exactly that grain mill. There are some drawbacks for sure. There is no real way to stay consistent on your crush, but I do biab brewing so I just make sure it is pulverized. Also you will find that those bolts on the grinder wheel will slip off. Wilserbrewer has a good write up on his mill that I used. I believe I used V.1 of his setup though. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=1308996&postcount=144

I have one. I have used it since I got it in 2011. It works like a charm. Very consistent efficiency, and unlike BigJoeBrew said, it doesn't need any fiddling with. I will not take a mid step for one of the cheap roller mills. If I step up it will most likely be a Monster Mill

Thanks for the input. I am BIAB, so a finer crush is what I am looking for.

Just ordered one off eBay for 15 bucks.

I have one. Had it for years, works fine. Once you have it set where you want it, there is no need for adjustment. I get pretty consistent crush.

I took the handle off mine and replaced it with a bolt that has a recessed hex. That way I can use a drill to run it. Makes crushing grain much quicker.

The bolt thread on mine is metric. Needed to go to the specialty bolts section in the hardware store to get one that fit.

Back