Cheap Co2 Tanks? Chattanooga Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theminor

Reaction score
I still need a 5# Co2 tank for my Keezer setup and it seems like ordering a nice, shiny new aluminum tank is a waste since when I go to get it "filled" it is likely they'll just swap the tank out for a crusty used on that has been pre-filled. So it will probably be cheaper just to buy that crusty used one outright, won't it?

Along those lines, does anyone know a good place in the Chattanooga or Northwest Georgia area to get 5# tanks filled on the cheap (and to buy a tank too)? Just though I'd ask if anyone else has already done the leg (phone) work... :p

There is a place in Cartersville that will do it on the cheap $11 for a 20# exchange if i remember correctly.

I don't know about your area in particular, but everywhere I've been - If you go in with a 5lb aluminum tank chances are you'll walk out with the same tank. Places that do exchange like that deal in a lot more 20lb cylinders than 5's. If you have the space go for the 20. Cheaper and easier in the long run.

I had to go with a 5lb cylinder since I needed to have it fit in my kegerator, and I just paid $15 to have it filled up! Ripoff galore.

Heya! What you want is Holston Gases, I fill my 5# for about 6 bucks. It's on Amnicola Highway.
Cheers!

just wanted to post that this thread helped me out.

Got sick of being told week after week that the shop I was using in cleveland didn't have any 5lb tanks so I'm going to hit Holston Gases on monday.

They seemed pretty friendly on the phone and only $6 a fill is nice!

I was wondering how Holston was, and if there CO2 was food grade (no oil)
Thanks

If you are worried about oil or not food grade some places carry "dry carbon dioxide" It's what most breweries use to bottle

Latest posts

Back