Cheap Carboys & Bottles!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I snoozed at the wheel and didn't do what I said I would on the 26th of Dec.
But, anyone that wants in, please PM me now (even if you already PM'd me in the past) and let me know how many carboys you'd like. Also give me your real name and your town/state (if not your full address). Once I get a total quantity, I'll phone for a new quote and then will PM each person back with a dollar amount that they will need to send me via check. Once I get all the checks I will place the order and then we can work on the pick up and drop off side of things. To keep this simple, if you are within about 2 hours drive of Boston you are probably ok to join this group buy. If I try to store a pallet or more of carboys in the garage for more than a couple of weeks the SWMBO will not take kindly to the situation. As discussed earlier, the re-shipping from here to you would negate any savings so it would need to be a pick up thing (or if you are somewhere that I normally travel to or through then I might be able to drop off).

Thanks! I'LL BE LOOKING FOR NEW PM'S!

I just placed my order, and I'm never going anywhere else for my glass. 5 cases of wine bottles, 12 2-bottle mailers (gotta ship some belated xmas gifts), and a 5 gallon carboy shipped for $110. Great price, and awesome shipping. I placed my order on Friday, and it was here Wednesday, even with Monday & Tuesday being holidays. They're out of 3 gallon carboys atm, but she said they'll have more soon.

anyone have a picture or pic of a similar Growler to the one they are selling with the grolsch type top?

A sad day... I just called to check if they had gotten any 3 gallon carboys in yet and they are out of 3 gallon carboys until further notice. The manufacturer they were getting the 3 gallon carboys from has stopped making them, and Waterloo does not know if/when they will be able to find anyone else still making them.

Adolphus79 said:
A sad day... I just called to check if they had gotten any 3 gallon carboys in yet and they are out of 3 gallon carboys until further notice. The manufacturer they were getting the 3 gallon carboys from has stopped making them, and Waterloo does not know if/when they will be able to find anyone else still making them.
Not sure how desperate you are for a 3gal carboy, but this place in Everett, MA has them for $15.

http://www.americanwinegrape.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CAR1&cat=23

Just a suggestion for free wine bottles...I was at the Olive Garden near my house and I really liked the shape of their house wine bottles so I asked what they did with the empties...they throw them out! Talked with the manager and he said that he would be happy to put some aside for me if I wanted.

Can't hurt to ask!

-JMW

JustMrWill said:
I did...but didn't get a response..so either he hasn't been on much lately...or...???

Figured...I would post to see if it was still on.

-JMW

Sorry everyone, I haven't been on in quite some time -- got busy with life basically -- work travel, work projects (and way too many working hours), and family time --- crap, I haven't got any HB in my kegerator and haven't brewed since before Thanksgiving!
But I do want to squeeze this GB in. Unfortunately I didn't get much of a carboy count from those that PM'd me -- but several folks have expressed interest, and one or two did give me a size/quantity. So I'll reiterate here, please hit me (via PM) with desired quantity/size of carboys (no 3 gal), and when I get a quote I will PM back to each and let you know what your cost will be, and an expected timeline/schedule, etc. Thanks.
-LouT

Adolphus - sounds like you are pretty psyched! Thanks for putting us on to this supplier! Oh, and stay warm -- I was just up your way this past week and it was a heat wave at 0 degrees F, fortunately I missed the -35F!

Back