Chardonnay-like Fruit Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKershner

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am looking for a fruit wine that is much like chardonnay for next summer. Very dry, takes well to some oak perhaps, etc.

Does anyone have any style of fruit wine they have made that came out this way? Or should I give up on the notion and pick up some grapes instead?

Thanks!

Pretty much all fruit wines are not oaked. Also, it is like getting some reising grapes and wanting them to be like chardonnay. You are comparing (going for the pun) apples to oranges. Just go for the grapes.

Pretty much all fruit wines are not oaked. Also, it is like getting some reising grapes and wanting them to be like chardonnay. You are comparing (going for the pun) apples to oranges. Just go for the grapes.

Fair enough. Perhaps I will just try a few dry fruit wines and find something else that pleases.

Thanks!

Try fermenting peach wine out dry. You can do the same thing with with apple juice. Use champagne yeast.

Not all Chardonnay is oaked. Some unoaked wines are very nice. The tradition was "the oakier, the better". People have gotten away from that. Make it the way you like it.

Back