Changing clocks back is a pain for about a week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigFloppy

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the dogs don't have the concept of clocks changing so they keep bothering me an hour early for food

Takes me about a week to retrain them after we change the clocks backwards
Forwards isn't an issue cause they think they're just getting food sooner than normal.

Anyone else have the same issue I do and how long does it take for your pets to get used to the new time schedule

Unfortunately, the dogs don't have the concept of clocks changing so they keep bothering me an hour early for food

Takes me about a week to retrain them after we change the clocks backwards
Forwards isn't an issue cause they think they're just getting food sooner than normal.

Anyone else have the same issue I do and how long does it take for your pets to get used to the new time schedule

My dogs have the same problem of not getting the time change

I just give them a biscuit at the time then feed them an hour later

after about a week they are good to go

all the best

S_M

I live in Arizona (we don't observe DST). The only thing I have to adjust to is football coming on an hour later every week.

About a week for my Golden Retriever as well. Not just her wanting to eat at the 'old' time, but getting up early to go out as well.

Yep, dogs are up early. One of them is not usually terribly excited for food, the other is a yellow lab, so she is ALWAYS excited for food!

Too bad for her she doesn't eat until I get home from work, so I don't get to see how upset she is during that hour. I just get to see how excited she is when I get home!

Our cat and dog (Black Lab) start begging for food hours before meal time anyways so we don't notice much difference. 5 month old baby is another story, at least he's going to bed earlier.

Back