CFC Cleaning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcman73

Reaction score
I have a CFC and to clean it, I always mix up some PBW and water in my brew kettle and bring it to a boil (I make enough to cover the electric heating elements). Once at boil, I will circulate it through the CFC and back into the Kettle. Cleans the hoses, pump, CFC and the kettle at the same time.

Lately I've been thinking of cleaning the inside of the CFC better, still doing the same cleaning procedure but then following up with a brush to "scrub" the inner coils of the CFC. I found these CPAP cleaning brushes that were made to clean the long hoses of a CPAP machine: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FTM5T5U/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Has anyone else did something like this? Or am I just being really anal and should just stick with what I've always been doing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a soft sponge and make some balls with it, larger than the hole of course, then shoot them through the tube with CO2 pressure...

much more cost effective and won't scratch your CFC too

Latest posts

Back