CF5 Conical Now Available!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It’s time to elevate your brew day! The jump from carboy to conical will open up opportunities you’ve only dreamed of to make your next 5 gallon batch the best one yet. With all sanitary welded, tri-clamp fittings, the CF5 Spike Conical makes assembly and cleaning a breeze. Don’t forget about our Spike Financing program that allows you to purchase your new CF5 at 0% interest for up to 24 months. The CF5 Spike Conical is now available!

Come on guys, where are the temp control systems??? (Actually all I need for my CF10 is the jacket and heater) I am in the market for a 7 gal to add to my CF10 but won't buy until the "whole package" is available and the delays are making me look seriously at your competition. :(

Come on guys, where are the temp control systems??? (Actually all I need for my CF10 is the jacket and heater) I am in the market for a 7 gal to add to my CF10 but won't buy until the "whole package" is available and the delays are making me look seriously at your competition. :(

Totally understand and we appreciate your patience! The TC100 project consists of a controller, temp coil, pump, tubing, insulation, quick connect fittings and an optional heater. All of these have been tested to confirm they will be optimized for performance. We've tested multiple thicknesses of neoprene, tested multiple wattage's of heaters in walk in coolers, tested probably over 15 pumps, multiple thicknesses of tubing, etc all to make the the system works perfectly together. Many of these components are of US origin which can also take longer to produce.

Again we appreciate your patience but guarantee it will be well worth the wait!

But the pieces will be available individually as well right? As I mentioned, only need the jacket and heater for my CF10. Any possible indication on timeline?

What are the limits of structural integrity for carrying?

This link says that you cannot pick up the conical when full. That seems like a strange limitation for a 5 gallon fermenter. That would prevent me from using my chest freezer as a chamber until I can get set up with a glycol system.

Mine showed up Saturday - I'm pretty thrilled with it overall. I picked up the gas manifold kit, leg extensions, shelf brace, temp control coil, racking arm, and now just ordered the caster kit.

If I had to complain (and take this with a grain of salt - it's nitpicky), with the leg extensions it's a bit on the wobbly side; a second shelf brace would likely fix that (one where the extensions meet, one at the bottom), but I understand that would be in the way in some cases.

I can't wait to get something going in this thing.

I have a few questions,

1. What is the advantage of the blow off cane over just using the barb and attaching a hose?

2. If I were to put a keg in my chest freezer, filled it with cold water, and pumped it through the temp control lid using a temperature controller would I be able to cold crash/lager like this? The fermenter will be in a basement that is about 50-60 degrees on average.

What is the advantage of the blow off cane over just using the barb and attaching a hose?

Great question! To me it seems like BLING! No doubt it looks more professional from a display perspective. I also wonder about the ease of cleaning krausen out of it... I know my blow off tubes get pretty nasty even after a rinsing. But they are cheap to replace!

Great question! To me it seems like BLING! No doubt it looks more professional from a display perspective. I also wonder about the ease of cleaning krausen out of it... I know my blow off tubes get pretty nasty even after a rinsing. But they are cheap to replace!

Yeah I guess I just don't get it lol.

Anyways, I ordered the fermenter with the gas manifold and transfer kit. Super pumped to get it!

Super pumped to get it!

Congrats on moving to a conical. Its a fermenting upgrade for sure. These Spike conical's look pretty awesome too. Making me consider selling the one I have so that I can replace it with one from Spike Brewing. Those guys make quality stuff; both my kettles are from Spike!

First use! This thing is awesome! Can't wait till the temp control system is out! I need some sort of heat jacket for the winter!

Attachments

• IMG_20180127_145654.jpg
    IMG_20180127_145654.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Back