Centennial Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made two of these just to get away from the 8% Dopplebock and other heavy beers I've been making.

The second one got an infection in the kettle (I mashed and then something came up and couldn't boil for three days) it turned out pretty good. Just had a weird twang to it since it's such a light beer.

The first keg was emptied in one night by me and three other people.

Nice its next on my list but i will be inceasing the gravity. I don't like anything under 5% abv.

That's basically what I did the last time I made that. I bumped the 2-row to 8.5 lbs ended up with an OG of 1.051. I kept everything else the same, thought it came out really well. I think the next time I make that I'm going to swap out the cascade for citra and give that a try. I want to try to make that before the end of March, kinda hard for me to brew in the winter.

Yeah, it's a winner. I served it in the summer to some unsuspecting lager drinkers and they didn't realize it wasn't a commercial beer.

It's a bit light for my tastes but even so, it did not last. :)

That's basically what I did the last time I made that. I bumped the 2-row to 8.5 lbs ended up with an OG of 1.051. I kept everything else the same, thought it came out really well. I think the next time I make that I'm going to swap out the cascade for citra and give that a try. I want to try to make that before the end of March, kinda hard for me to brew in the winter.

I will be just using the percentages. I'm making a frankenstien batch of 6gal that will get around 1.060 and i will dilute it down to 1.050. :D I like to max out my bucket.:ban:

I made 2 blondes now but they were much simpler then the Centennial Blonde. I just used 2 row, light crystal and cascade hops. The first one was my best AG batch so far out of 4 AG batchs, should of aged it a little longer though. Waiting on the 2nd batch which i added a late mt.hood addition.

Back