*Caution* Beer Is Evil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DEXTRIN is a white, amorphorous powder used by brewers to insure a better head of light frothy bubbles on the surface of their beer. On the other hand, industry uses dextrin in the manufacture of matches, fireworks and explosives.

I think my head is going to explode.

Holy crap! you mean beer can be bad for me? oh Lordy Lordy the bible thumpers say Imma going to hell! Oh well see you all there, I will bring the homebrew!!

Well if that indeed is the truth than I guess were all going to have a great time in hell. with all the 'fire and brimstone' we wont have to bring burners, stoves, ect to steep grain or boil wort!

But I have a question for the bible thumpers. do they know of trappist ales?
the monks drink their beer!

Try living in Oklahoma where the Home brewing of beer was equated to growing and selling pot. And how readily it would be available to anyone to drink in a short amount of time. Wine and mead are accepted practices but home brewing beer is not until November.

I am going to hell for SO many other reasons besides consuming beer. In fact the train to hell upgraded me for free to 1st class and a window seat.

And clearly...there will be beer in hell too, so its a win/win.

Sugar must also be evil since all its missing a carbon and 2 oxygen atoms in order to be that evil alcohol molecule!

"Law enforcement authorities remind us that individuals drunk on beer are "harder to handle" and more "boisterous" than people intoxicated to the very same degree with any other alcoholic beverage. Lupulin and her lupulic acids are the culprits."

...wow...that was the biggest bunch of crap...

here you go! this is why milk is the devil...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to take my information from a website that uses the "scientific knowledge" of the bible. No iron age superstition for me thanks.

"Law enforcement authorities remind us that individuals drunk on beer are "harder to handle" and more "boisterous" than people intoxicated to the very same degree with any other alcoholic beverage. Lupulin and her lupulic acids are the culprits."

this was my favorite part.
apparently they've never seen anybody on a 3 day tequila bender. :rockin:

I am going to hell for SO many other reasons besides consuming beer. In fact the train to hell upgraded me for free to 1st class and a window seat.

And clearly...there will be beer in hell too, so its a win/win.

Sugar must also be evil since all its missing a carbon and 2 oxygen atoms in order to be that evil alcohol molecule!

It is evil. It's actually listed as one of the "evil ingredients". They call it dextrin.

That was so weak. Even if I had been sold on the chemical breakdown of beer, the fact that this idiot started talking about the bible makes me want to drink a case right now as a big middle finger to the magical ****** in the sky

Ill put whatever the hell I want in my body, and no bible thumping retard is going to convince me otherwise

The bible is the source of this persons ideas that beer is evil. Problem is that the bible clearly states that Jesus not only drank wine but he made it for other people , one story of this tells how the people had well drunk and were merry. For those who like to debunk this by saying it was not wine but only grape juice , my bible says "WINE" ( maybe if wine dont mean wine then sin dont mean sin , etc. ??? ). The traditional wines of the jewish people are still drank to this day and can be very potent stuff. The bible never said dont drink or enjoy alcohol , it warns not to be a drunk and there is a difference. I know my bible pretty well and am a believer , so my motivation in this post is not to disprove it but to point out how it can be misrepresented by some people not taking into account that atleast half of our modern day king james is historic record , stories of people , and validation for prophecy and not necessarily the word of God itself.

Authorities like (and unlike) the Bible have always (and will always) be subject to procrustean maneuvers to prove whatever the person evangelizing wants to prove. Thus it has always been with humans, and always will be.

My view? I'll drink to that.

I wish I wasn't a slow reader that way I wouldn't have wasted so much time reading that link.

I was expecting some humor.

Haha, how did I know that'd be put out by someone with a strong religious affiliation?

Leviticus 10:9 "Do not drink wine, nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with ye, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die."

Aw, man. He picks on Garbage Pail Kids too. That is so 1985-ish.

GARBAGE PAIL KIDS - ANIMORPHS - BOOKS & TOYS

THE FOLLOWING SECTION WILL SHOW YOU HOW THEY ARE
GETTING THE CHILDREN READY TO ACCEPT THE UGLY,
VIOLENT, OBSCENE, OCCULT AND GENETIC MUTATIONS.

GARBAGE PAIL CARDS CONTINUE
CHILD ABUSE THEME

The Topps Chewing Gum company continues to market VIOLENCE, SELF ABUSE, REBELLION, ANARCHY, BRUTALITY, AND THE MOST GROTESQUE OF THE GROTESQUE through their Garbage Pail Kids cards.

One parent in Bossier City, Louisiana is trying to do something about it.. A father of two says, "I think they're suggestive, I mean, you have a kid 10 or 12-years-old, holding an axe with blood dripping off it and parts of a body sticking out of a basket. Is that supposed to be funny?"

Leviticus 10:9 "Do not drink wine, nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with ye, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die."

Old testament jewish law regarding entering the tabernacle. A lot of bible believers get stuff like this confused with gods word , even though it does not apply to them.

Old testament jewish law regarding entering the tabernacle. A lot of bible believers get stuff like this confused with gods word , even though it does not apply to them.

I just remember it from that M*A*S*H episode were Father Mulcahey gets tanked before his sermon when Burns has the camp alcohol free.

Another great quote from that site:

"Men who have 2 drinks a day have a 70% higher overall death rate than non-drinkers, and women have a higher death rate."

Higher overall death rate? So if I don't drink I won't die...

That site has some great reading lol.

weird, I wouldn't have thought I'd find a thread like this here.

I guess I am an addict. I'm addicted to an awesome hobby that makes great stuff to drink!

agroff383, love the avatar! :rockin:

I'm glad I have a beer as I sat and read that. I had one for me, and two for the angry snake.

Dude, daddarioc, you're so right on. I hope that was a home brew though.:mug:

I'm working on a pretty good american wheat, somehow it came out 6.0%ABV. Way out of style, but I'm loving it anyway

Another great quote from that site:

"Men who have 2 drinks a day have a 70% higher overall death rate than non-drinkers, and women have a higher death rate."

Higher overall death rate? So if I don't drink I won't die...

That site has some great reading lol.

Funny. I just heard of a study that said that men who have three drinks per day have a lower risk of heart disease. I wish that morons like this would just be more anxious to meet their maker and less interested in telling everyone how to live their lives.

I would love to see what they say about sex!!!

Also... don't you like the logo the use for the beer?
Let's see if it's copyrighted or it will be mine!!!!!

This is why I'm drinking only grain alcohol and rain water from now on.

[Waits to see if anyone gets the reference.]

On topic, the link just demonstrates that you don't need to be smart to have internet access.

Dr. Strangelove FTW!!!!

Thank God that was written in Comic Sans. If it was any other font those words would have merit. I mean, no one can take anything seriously written in Comic Sans.

I had guessed that this was written by some ultra-conservative religious kook even before I hit the bible verses on the bottom of the page.

All I gotta say is, if alcohol is so bad why do they serve wine in church? :rolleyes:

I have honored this fantastic website by both adopting an avatar and quitting beer drinking forever.

One of the above is false.

This guy has inspired me to double my order for ingredients today.

"Beer companies use it to chemically "improve" or "correct" American water so that it will correspond with the water used in European brewing. (Have you ever been to Europe? DON'T drink the water!)"

Is this the same dreadful European water that makes people slavishly copy Burton, Dublin and Plzen profiles? And that I am lucky enough to be able to use straight from the tap with no messing with osmosis or shop bought spring water?

Terrible news. I'll have to start importing it from the States. How much is it to post 5 gallons of Bud light to me :)

Back