*Caution* Beer Is Evil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Beer companies use it to chemically "improve" or "correct" American water so that it will correspond with the water used in European brewing. (Have you ever been to Europe? DON'T drink the water!)"

Is this the same dreadful European water that makes people slavishly copy Burton, Dublin and Plzen profiles? And that I am lucky enough to be able to use straight from the tap with no messing with osmosis or shop bought spring water?

Terrible news. I'll have to start importing it from the States. How much is it to post 5 gallons of Bud light to me :)

Yeah it's dreadful, I drink the poisonous water from my tap too...aaargh

tomacco!!!!!!!:D

........anybody???

simps2h.jpg

Tomacco!

Leviticus 10:9 "Do not drink wine, nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with ye, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die."

It doesn't say beer, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Better close down the wine forum, though... :p

i've decided you can find proof that just about everything is bad for you as well as everything is good for you. All i know is i don't want to be on my death bed thinking "damn i wish i drank more beer"

Nothing lightens up a monday like the comically stupid scientific errors in a fundie rant.

They're real dicks about people going up for seconds though.

Unless you're a priest. I went to a Catholic high school and learned quite a few interesting things about that religion. Apparently Catholic priests can't simply dump out the un-consumed wine. It's been magically transformed into blood and that might piss off Jesus (duh). So all of the leftovers in that goblet get discretely drained by father McWhats-his-name when there is nobody around.

Unless you're a priest. I went to a Catholic high school and learned quite a few interesting things about that religion. Apparently Catholic priests can't simply dump out the un-consumed wine. It's been magically transformed into blood and that might piss off Jesus (duh). So all of the leftovers in that goblet get discretely drained by father McWhats-his-name when there is nobody around.

They don't bother doing it discretely in an Episcopal church. Right after communion, the priest drains the goblet(s) before returning to the altar.

Notice how He leaves out the fact that "tartaric acid" is what makes grapes sour, can be found in most houshold spice racks, and found in kids candy, and food.
Anything acidic can be harmful in large doses, this guy wants people to perceive things how he presents them, but without all the facts included, imagine that happening on the internet? :rolleyes:

this guy wants people to perceive things how he presents them, but without all the facts included, imagine that happening on the internet? :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's practically the opening sentence on page 1 of the fundie playbook

Hey, I remember when DeathBrewer had the image from this site as his avatar.

The active principle in hops is a fine, yellow resinous powder called "lupulin" which is always classified as a narcotic because it will dull the sense in moderate doses and cause stupor or coma in larger amounts. From lupulin come two lupulic acids - humulone and lupulone.

Well sh*t, why have I been boiling my hops in wort when I could have been getting high off 'em?! :p :rolleyes:

And correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it have to be derived from opium to be considered a narcotic?

My question is why would you put up some anti beer bull sh*t on a website devoted to beer geeks? Do you honestly think your going to change anyone’s mind here or do you just like drama? More than likely, you’re really just that stupid. Time to drink a beer.

Lighten up, Francis.

It's called a "joke".

;)

Try living in Oklahoma where the Home brewing of beer was equated to growing and selling pot. And how readily it would be available to anyone to drink in a short amount of time. Wine and mead are accepted practices but home brewing beer is not until November.

Livin' it now!!....shhhh...my garage door is slightly cracked while brewing....hope they don't smell my "lupulin & her lupulic acids" !!!

BREW ON !!!:mug:

They don't bother doing it discretely in an Episcopal church. Right after communion, the priest drains the goblet(s) before returning to the altar.

I wanna see them flip the chalice upside down and slam it on the alter after doing this.

Hey, I remember when DeathBrewer had the image from this site as his avatar.

Well sh*t, why have I been boiling my hops in wort when I could have been getting high off 'em?! :p :rolleyes:

And correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it have to be derived from opium to be considered a narcotic?

narcotic just means painkiller.

As to the original post, this is why people hate christians. you cut a tiny snippet of text from the bible, take it completely out of context, and form your beliefs from that. makes us all look like snake handlers. although, snakes are pretty cool. ;)

dumbest post ever!

Nice all those verses came from the King James version, which King J named after himself, plus a book in it......stoopid.

And did you know that drinking water in excess can lead to death? The majority of the volume of beer is water! Holy crap!

Oh, and you better stop eating nuts, shellfish, honey... "certain individuals" can die from consuming these products!

And did you know that drinking water in excess can lead to death? The majority of the volume of beer is water! Holy crap!

Oh, and you better stop eating nuts, shellfish, honey... "certain individuals" can die from consuming these products!

overhydration. it can happens to marathon runners, so never drink water or go faster than a brisk walk.

This is stupid on so many levels but this is my personal favorite:

"One of these, "humulone", has the following chemical formula: C21H30O5. "Cannabinol", the active principle of marijuana, has the chemical formula.of C21H26O2."

Yeah, and water has the chemical formula H2O while hyrdogen peroxide has the chemical formula H2O2. Should we stop drinking water? It's a heck of a lot closer to peroxide than humulone is to cannabinol.

Well, you shouldn't eat shellfish because that is an abomination before god. It's just one of the abominations that fundies don't care about, because whining about it isn't politically advantageous.

I'm so glad I'm Lutheran. After all, Martin, himself, did enjoy some of Germany's finest brews of the early 1500's, just like any other German male!

And many of the previous posts are correct: take a snipet of Scripture out of context, and you can "prove" just about anything!

glenn514:mug:

Well, the article is rubbish (we all new that) but it does make me seriously hope that they find the so called "evil" that they despise so much and get to come face to face with it. I am a firm believer in "you will eventually find what you are looking for..." and with that thought, I can say I am looking to find the best tasting home brew / beer the world has ever known. (Not to worry, if I find it I will share the info!)

...the search continues...:tank:

I'm so glad I'm Lutheran. After all, Martin, himself, did enjoy some of Germany's finest brews of the early 1500's, just like any other German male!

And many of the previous posts are correct: take a snipet of Scripture out of context, and you can "prove" just about anything!

glenn514:mug:

And I do believe that good ol' Marty threw himself a kegger when he got thrown out of the Catholic Church! :mug:

Back