Cauliflower Wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muph

Reaction score
Anyone ever try this? I was thinking about just substituting Cauliflowers instead of potatoes to make Cauliflower wine (based on potato wine recipe). Any thoughts? If anyone wants the recipe to try let me know..

No offense... but that sounds gross. LOL But what the hell...try it and let us know!

BTW, how do you make wine out of taters

No offense... but that sounds gross. LOL But what the hell...try it and let us know!

BTW, how do you make wine out of taters

Yeah, my brother like them though. His B-Day is coming up. Here is the Potato recipe..
Potato Wine

Speaking of potato wine, I'm thinking about making a potato/corn/carrot wine sometime in the near future. Get a nice home cooked style wine, each can be made into wine separately and taste good when eaten together so why not..

you can make booze outta anything as long as you add enough sugar too it, something will happen....wether it tastes like crap or not is a different story....

you can make booze outta anything as long as you add enough sugar too it, something will happen....wether it tastes like crap or not is a different story....

My favorite wine quote..."Just because you CAN ferment it, doesn't mean you SHOULD ferment it"

That does sound nasty!
Just as nasty as the rhubarb batch I have aging in my basement! :)

It started off smelling/tasting disgusting, but it has come a long way...
Now, it's only somewhat disgusting. :)
I figured a splash of it in some strawberry wine (sitting right next to it) will go great together.

Anyone ever try this? I was thinking about just substituting Cauliflowers instead of potatoes to make Cauliflower wine (based on potato wine recipe). Any thoughts? If anyone wants the recipe to try let me know..

Is this a recipe from the South Beach Diet plan?? :)

My guess is the sulfur compounds in cauliflower will make your house smell pretty foul. I wouldn't plan on company while this stinkbomb is brewing. As for the final product, I am not sure, but my guess is it will be pretty cabbage-y. I am not even going to speculate on mouthfeel.

Then again, this is just my opinion. May come out tasting ok, but I can think of a lot I'd rather do with cauliflower.

Back