Cats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My father always said he doesn't like cats. Here's a couple photos of him with the kitten we are taking care of while my friend is out of town. I think I've converted him! 😂 😂 😂
PXL_20221126_201619738.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20221126_201902365.PORTRAIT.jpg

I know that "creepy" from the inside: I had the "7th chord" nerve trunk on the left side of my face accidently severed by a surgeon wielding a cautery in a blinded field (dumb@ss). Another surgeon tried to "fix it" by grafting a nerve trunk lifted from behind my left ear. The initial insult left me looking like a Bell's Palsy victim for almost two years but eventually the nerves re-grew from brain to muscles (at 1mm per day it takes awhile) and I eventually got around 90% of function back and most folks don't see anything amiss.

Anyway, for a long time I had to wear an eye patch in bed - not so much for me but so my wife didn't have to try to figure out if I was awake or not :)

Cheers!

yikes. That sounds rough. When my cat tries to blink, since the lid doesn't close, that white membrane under the lid comes up to cover the eye - similar to how a shark looks when it takes a bite. I hope yours didn't do that.

That might be a cat thing? But no, it wasn't freaky looking or anything, just unnerving: seeing an open eye you'd expect consciousness.
With the miracle of microsurgery and a few years of patience I've been assured if you didn't know the back story you wouldn't think anything had happened. The real pisser is the thing they were after turned out to be benign. Irony is everywhere :)

Cheers!

Learned something today. Weasels spray much like skunks. One of our cats was (still is) outside and was acting weird. I let her in and immediately smelled a powerful odor which I can best describe as super intense onion. My first thought was skunk, that strong though it didn't really smell like skunk. I put her back outside, and opened all the windows, to air out. Talked to a neighbor who had been working in his backyard, and he said he had heard a ruckus, looked up and saw a weasel scurrying away.

I've never had to wash a cat before. This should prove interesting. Probably should first verify with the local bloodbank to make sure they're well supplied.

Cat #1, Vlad:
PXL-20220823-173646426.jpg

Ghost tabby black DSH, 14 years old. We've had him since he was a kitten. Proper chill old man. Named after the legendary Voivode of Wallachia due to his propensity to "impale" people with his teeth. Likes nothing more than pretending to be a seal pup on hard surfaces. Thinks he's people.

Cat #2, Roxy
PXL-20220224-195939396-PORTRAIT.jpg

Alien pretending to be a cat, trapped the body of a ferret. Allegedly another 16 year old DSH, rescue we've had since we moved into our current house. We're pretty sure she's a DSH/Siamese cross, or possibly some other kind of Oriental cross, and more like 10 in reality. We almost never refer to her by her actual name, and call her "fox" or "fox-eared arsehole" instead. Likes nothing more than starting fights with 6kg Vlad her 3.5kg of pure gristle can't hope finish. And playing contortionist. Thinks she's an onion.

And yes, that's a back foot.

This is Munchkin, my Grandson found him in a ditch when he was about 5 weeks old at The Lake of the Ozarks in MO. He passed this last January, he was 14 and my buddy.

Attachments

• 12710877_10206179363951691_7636431445066539453_o.jpg
    12710877_10206179363951691_7636431445066539453_o.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 319297262_873034297370324_1898657079278394736_n.jpg
    319297262_873034297370324_1898657079278394736_n.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 0
Cat update!
Zelda, our little fruit bat, is over a year now. Crazy.
IMG_2117.jpeg

Lotsa questions here
7FE8BB47-71D1-4C7E-9792-E1F28CFDA3A4IMG_2179.jpeg

Even more here….
IMG_0496.jpeg

My wife impulse bought this strawberry thing. It passed inspections.
IMG_0373.jpeg
IMG_0309.jpeg

Wally (the tiger) and my wife just had a 16th year anniversary of her adopting him(predates me by almost a decade). I like reminding him that he’s an advanced tiger now. In his more dignified days, he would never be caught asleep in a strawberry bed.

hi everyone
my brewing buddy misha dodged a bullet today. wednesday morning i caught him eating a shoelace. i quickly pulled it out and assumed he didint swallow any because i found the other end on the floor. the next day he started throwing up and stopped eating and wouldnt tolerate liquids. vet wasnt in til 10 am next day. we took him into the ER which although excellent had him scheduled for emergent open laparotomy where they would cut my baby open from chest to groin to try to find the rest of the shoelace. and so help me if anything hapened to him i would go fricken mad max over there but foretunately i was able to get a hold last minute of my vet. he convinced me to bring him onto his office instead for more conservative managment. what some people in the business would call a good GI cleaning. barium swallow last night showed the FB in the colon on its way out and misha is eating drinking peeing etc. 👍❤️😁😊👏

me and my familys prayers have been answered. i know i saw i think on htis thread or others warning of pets getting into things they shouldnt but i feel i have literally been rewarded with a miracle today and would like everyone to please be careful with there pets and make sure nothing dangerouus is in there reach. i feel terrible and we are all so happy and thankful today.

1702754492024.png

the look says it all - brewing again arent you?

Back