Cats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was fun going through this thread again and seeing all the great cats out there. It also caused my eyes to tear up a little at the great cats who have passed on. Since loosing Bela my wife and I haven't been looking to get another cat, but our friend and Sphynx breeder has other thoughts.

Meet Kinky, so named due to 2 kinks at the end of her tail. She is 6 weeks in these pictures, it will be another 6-8 before she comes home. Judy (the breeder) likes to have all their shots and heart scans before releasing them. She will help with healing the hole Bela left in our hearts. We are also trying to talk Judy out of Kinky's sister too. If we can, we're naming her Half Pint!

Kinky.JPG

Kinky2.jpg

This past winter - lost our most amazing cat ever. Name was Buddy. Picked him up in 1997 from a shelter as a full-grown adult cat.

Never seen a cat that knew you had a bad day, would come up next to you on the couch, stare until you looked at him, would wave his paw to beckon you forward then licked your forehead.

Sorry for your loss @Redlantern. I agree that somehow they know.

Cats can be truly amazing animals at times..........well that or a**hats. They are cats after all.

Awwww, what a pretty girl! Thanks for taking her in. About half the cats I've ever "owned" have been feral. They always seem to know they're very lucky cats to be rescued and loved by some human!

ftfy :D
Cats can be such goobers.

She is my baby. My dog Leia, next to Gizzy in my avatar was an abandoned pup that wound up on my patio about 3 years ago. I'm just a sucker for cute little animals in need.
I also think that feral/abandoned/rescue animals are the best, and know that you wanted them when no one else did.

I'm just a sucker for cute little animals in need.
We all are. Just something about that face when they look at you and say "I pick you!"
I also think that feral/abandoned/rescue animals are the best, and know that you wanted them when no one else did.
All of our animals have been rescues, even our first two Sphynx. Now that I think about it, this is the first time I've ever payed for a pet and there has always been an animal (or 6) in this house for 30 years.

My wife volunteers her time and skills to take photographs of the dogs for the Canine for Cellmate program. 3 dogs they were having trouble placing were adopted after they posted the pictures she took. She was able to bring out the the dog you fall in love with in the photos. It might be out of place in this thread, but I'll see if I can find one. A pit wearing a hat is just too cute.

Yeah I know this is the wrong species for this thread. :D This is one of the pictures my wife took for the Canine Cellmate program. This goofy girl was adopted the day after this picture was posted. Not bad for a dog that was to be euthanized two days before being picked for the Cellmate program.

image.jpeg

Yeah I know this is the wrong species for this thread. :D This is one of the pictures my wife took for the Canine Cellmate program. This goofy girl was adopted the day after this picture was posted. Not bad for a dog that was to be euthanized two days before being picked for the Cellmate program.

SO cute - and so glad she found a new home!

This is my purdy Lynxpoint Harlow. She can't wait for 5 o'clock to draft a beer.

Oh she's a beauty! Our cat Tequila LOVES a taste of our homebrew - I dip my finger in the glass and give her one drop. She noms it!

In May, we rescued a 3-week old kitten from behind our shed. It was not able to suckle properly and was basically being left to die as it was lethargic and barely moved. Looks like we did OK and my daughter has a new companion...

download.png

In May, we rescued a 3-week old kitten from behind our shed. It was not able to suckle properly and was basically being left to die as it was lethargic and barely moved. Looks like we did OK and my daughter has a new companion...
That picture is just too adorable! Nature can be cruel sometimes so thank you for having a kind heart. I know that kitten does, even when it's stomping on your head at 3am. Cats say thank you in the weirdest ways. :D

Kinky and Half Pint have been providing giggles and laughter in the house for the past two months. They are 5 months old now. They play and fight just like the sisters they are. Half Pint was playing on the bed this morning, did that hunch back sideways hop that cats do......right off the bed. Kinky looked at my wife and I as if to say "Well that was just silly." Seconds later she was back on the bed as though she meant to do that.

One thing we've come to find out is they are both deaf. We thought they seemed to be taking a long time to learn their names and even banging their metal dinner plate with a spoon would get no response. We believe it's from Lucy (the mom) being stressed during pregnancy. Hence the kink in Kinky's tail too. Judy (the breeder/friend) was in Latvia adopting her son while Lucy was pregnant and thats a whole nother story. The fact is it changes nothing except we have to be diligent looking under our feet as they can't hear us coming up on them. Heck, they don't know they're deaf.

Somethings up with the pictures wanting to load. Be right back.

Hey, guys. Meet Barley.

He adopted us a couple months ago and has turned out to be a very good cat. He has a great personality and is an excellent mouser, which we need living in the country. Being a cat, he sleeps most of the day. Imagine that.

IMAG0745.jpg

IMAG0752.jpg

Barley is a great name. Besides, you gave him a lap. How could he not sleep. ;)

We have a backyard kitty named Moo, because she's white with black spots. Not only is she a great mouser, but she killed a 2 foot long Copperhead snake last month.

Barley is a great name. Besides, you gave him a lap. How could he not sleep. ;)

We have a backyard kitty named Moo, because she's white with black spots. Not only is she a great mouser, but she killed a 2 foot long Copperhead snake last month.

I have to admit that I'm not really a cat person but this one is cool in my book. He's very talkative. He doesn't speak English, of course, but likes to carry on a conversation in cat.

Hopefully by spring he will big enough and take up snake hunting. We could use that, too.

Conversation in cat can be the some of the best. They listen, offer advise (that you give them) and always take your side. I do miss my dogs, but cats are giving us a little more freedom right now.

Half Pint says Brweetttttttttttt a lot. Kind of like a dove cooing only with a cat accent.

LMAO! If it fits is sits!

I have a blanket draped over the back of my computer chair. These little naked Minions of ours have taken to climbing between it and the back of the chair to where I end up sitting on the edge of the chair. I try to get mad, but anytime I reach behind me and touch them they go "Breeettttttt?" I just smile/giggle and go pour another beer. These two kittens have brought much needed laughter back into this house.

Back