Cats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pesci about 5 minutes ago.

IMG_20151116_172705056.jpg

Our old cat Smokey used to get herself stuck on top of doors. if we put a paper bag on the floor, she used to jump inside and play around and jump out without knocking the bag over. she also tried to set herself on fire twice with candles and tried to eat cactus.

I had to take all the tap handles off my kegerator after this little ******* dumped 5 gallons of hard cider on the floor, drank some, threw up everywhere, and passed out, while I was at work. Fuqqing lightweight.

View attachment 316646

Lightweight or not, you're the one that put tap handles on the cat perch you made. ;)

Everyone has a cat walk, right?
You know carpeted shelves secured to the wall with holes cut through the wall too. Please tell me I'm not the only KCP (Crazy Cat Person) here. :D

We aren't quite as elaborate as you are with the cat walk, but we do have a different style kitty tower. This Spring I'm building a "cat walk" for our garage kitty. From his outdoor run he'll be able to climb underneath the eave of the garage to get a better view. Have a nice bed up there to for those warm nights.

@Billy-Klubb, you so have to do this for Pesci. Forget the "elaborate", hehe @flars referred too. Cheap L brackets, 1x8 board and whatever scrap carpet HD has in the return bin. I don't have $100 in this. I used stair railing brackets where the walk runs at an angle. All my dogs are cat friendly, but I just had to do it for my kitties. When you make it, just watch out turning corners. Many times I've received a whack, whack, whack in the head from a cat laying in ambush on the other side.

Other than Home Brewing, this has been my best entertainment value per dollar spent.

Everyone has a cat walk, right?
You know carpeted shelves secured to the wall with holes cut through the wall too. Please tell me I'm not the only KCP (Crazy Cat Person) here. :D

What cracks me up the most about this is that the CATS have free run of the place, their own cat runways, HOLES through the walls so they can go through and molest you from the other side, but the poor DOGS are stuck where they are via a kiddy gate! LOL!! TOOOO funny and I love it. Some day I want some of those kitty runways too.

We've talked about the cat walks. I think at least a window seat will be in the works soon. The holes in the wall takes it to another glorious level though.

@Temptd2, the gate is to keep the dogs from the litter box. Otherwise they are just dog treats with sprinkles, haha, yuck.

My friend has a name for that. I think she calls them "kitty krunchies" or something. Her dog is ALWAYS trying to get into the litter box. He's often successful. His breath is terrible.

My dog probably would also go for it, but the litter box is in the basement and the dog isn't allowed in the kitchen/bathroom/laundry room or the basement. He's also not allowed in my bedroom- I hate dog hair all over the place (like my pillow) when I'm trying to sleep.

Of course, the cat does whatever the **** she wants. Except she's not allowed on my bed because I hate cat hair on my pillow as well.

I hate dog hair all over the place (like my pillow) when I'm trying to sleep.

Of course, the cat does whatever the **** she wants. Except she's not allowed on my bed because I hate cat hair on my pillow as well.

I'm the same way. I have to keep the cat downstairs, or else he will be all over the bed (and us) all night. Even in the daytime, I keep the bedroom door closed, or he will be camped out on the pillows. He sheds like crazy.

Funny, neither of mine show any interest in the pillows at all.

Pauli has a fetish for the foot of the bed this time of year - mainly because I turn on the heated mattress pad a couple hours before bedtime and she loves that warm spot.

However, they both sleep in the family room, with the door shut. Nothin' I hate much worse than a cat having a lovely bath and a good scratch while on my side of the bed at 3 am.

Our cat(s) learned not to do obnoxious bedtime activities like
sleeping on pillow
taking a major bath on the bed (aka kitty yoga)
attacking your toes
hronking up a hairball
because ANY of those activities will see you launched off the bed. (Hold onto top of covers and kick - not the cat, the covers - cat will fly...)

We have had Bela since her owner pasted 6 years ago and have completely fallen in love with the Sphynx breed. I had already named my brewery, but did not have a logo. Behind my back, a friend whom I give my grains to for his chickens had gotten in touch with my wife for a picture of Bela. He showed up at the house with tee shirts, 12x12 tiles and poster boards with this on it.
Naked Cat Brewery was born. Thank You Graham, your friendship mean a lot.

NCB (2).jpg

LOL at Leo!

The funniest "cat in a box" picture for me was my Miss Kitty, who at her heyday weighed in at 15 pounds, who squeezed her crazy self into an empty Coke 12-pack box. Her head sticking out of the shelf dispenser opening was too funny! This was back before there were digital cameras so no cute shots of her, as film was expensive and developing was too.

Another shot of Leo. No box is too small. I love that this particular one is a Beer caseView attachment 317280

He doesn't eat the plants? Ours will munch on any plant they can get. They'll do it even when they have cat grass. Being that some plants are toxic to cats, we've one houseplant in a bathroom tha stays closed.

Haha.

Dogs don't like eating turd. Catfood is solid protein (cats are obligate carnivores, they must eat meat, and lots of it). Their turds are more like beef jerky than turd. But don't take my word for it...

Tell that to my sister. Her two dogs love to eat poopsicles in the winter!

Back