cascade hop problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hnycrk

Reaction score
This is my 2nd year cascade. I have been noticing the brown spot on a lot of the leaves. At first I though it was nute burn because I had given it some 10-10-10 about two weeks ago, only about two table spoon sprinkled around the base of the plant. But I'm also seeing similar spots on a different cascade plant that hasn't been fertilized. So I'm not sure what the problem is and would like to correct it as soon as possible

20140509_075245.jpg

20140509_075251.jpg

Cascade here as well.

My older leaves have that. The plant overall seems fine. I've only ferted twice with Garrett Juice. Sometimes in some plants the old leaves just give out. Maybe this is that. Not sure.

Yeah its only the older leaves. I don't know. I had something similar Last year and the spots spread the the hop cones so I didn't even harvest. Guess I'll just let It ride and keep an eye on It. Maybe someone else will have an Idea.

Try some Neem oil sprayed on them. 2 oz. per gallon of water. Not sure what is going on though. Has it been really hot there?

It has been warm for this time of year, upper 80s. But that's nothing for Georgia. I do have some neem oil maybe I'll hit it with a little of that. All the new upper growth looks great.

Back