Casanova's Gluten Free Hefe Modified

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaced

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've taken Casanova's gluten free blood orange hefe recipe and modified it. Sadly I couldn't track down any blood oranges in Australia.

Original recipe:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f75/gluten-free-blood-orange-hefe-181144/

Modified recipe:
Corriander and Orange Peel Hefe

2.8 Kg's of Sorghum with dark belgian candi syrup (percentage unknown) @ 60 Mins
Glucose Syrup 500grams @ 60 mins
Dark belgian candi sugar 500 grams @ 60 mins
15 grams hallertaur hops @ 60 mins
12 grams of tettnang + some hallertaur hops @ 20mins
8 orange peels @ 20 mins
20 grams of cracked corriander @ 20 mins
12 grams of tettnang + some hallertaur hops @ 0 mins

Yeast nutrient

WB-06 Wheat beer yeast.

Home brew store only had teabags of tettnang so I added about two grams of hallertaur hops to make up for it. Forgot to take the OG.

Update 25/02/2011
Tasted the sample as it seems to have finished fermenting. Tastes really good, a little bit of bitter from the hops and sourness from the orange peels.
Probably going to leave it for a week to settle and then into bottles. Will update in a few weeks when I'm drinking it.

This brew worked really well. After carbing for 11 days I tried out two bottles. Very nice flavour. The wife likes the slight spice after taste from the corriander. Will get around to putting up a photo on the weekend.

Thank you very much LCasanova for a fantastic recipe.

Nice, I'm glad it turned out well. I'm thinking about making the blood orange one again, I think I've seen blood oranges around me in April. Perhaps I'll use your recipe if I can't find any!

This didn't last long. All polished off in record time. Feedback so far has been very positive.

I'm keeping one bottle to take to the local home brew meet for assessment.

Latest posts

Back