Carbonation Problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lenny2884

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a brutal bitter clone thats been sitting in the keg for 2 weeks now and it just won't carbonate. I've had it at 39-40 degrees at 10 PSI for the whole 2 weeks. I just pulled a sample and it doesnt seem to have any more carbonated than when I pulled a sample after day 5 on pressure. What gives? The keg is holding pressure fine. This is my fourth kegged batch and the previous 3 have had no problem carbonating to my liking. In fact, all of the previous 3 were carbonated within 7-10 days. Not sure what is happening here, any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Hey all,

I have a brutal bitter clone thats been sitting in the keg for 2 weeks now and it just won't carbonate. I've had it at 39-40 degrees at 10 PSI for the whole 2 weeks. I just pulled a sample and it doesnt seem to have any more carbonated than when I pulled a sample after day 5 on pressure. What gives? The keg is holding pressure fine. This is my fourth kegged batch and the previous 3 have had no problem carbonating to my liking. In fact, all of the previous 3 were carbonated within 7-10 days. Not sure what is happening here, any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Force carbonate. Put your PSI at 20. Lay your keg on the floor and rock it until you can't hear any more CO2 entering. Put it back in the fridge and leave it alone. It should be good to go by the next day.:rockin:

Back