Carbing problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dx6x

Reaction score
I used this recipe https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f32/caramel-apple-hard-cider-292770/ but with brown sugar instead of Dextrose. Bottled them in swing top bottles and one soda bottle to check carb level the soda bottle is almost at soda bottle hardness. But when I pour one of the ciders it fizzes for about 10 seconds and then is flat. The swing tops make a loud poping sound when opened so im assuming there holding pressor not sure whats going on.

Sounds like your carbonation has not been fully absorbed by the liquid. Try storing one in the fridge for a day or two, then testing the carbonation.

same. chilling the test bottle now to compare. haven't pasteurized yet.

Well a liquid will dissolve more gas when chilled up to the freezing point. so by cooling it you force the CO2 into the liquid.

No i chilled the swing top 36 hrs and the soda bottle lime 10 min in the frezzor. The soda bottle was almost over carded and the swing top was flat. Only difrence i can think of is i agitated the soda bottle al.ost daliy. Shook the swing top bottles will see how it goes.

Back