carb time in Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelSterling

Reaction score
how long do i need to leave the beer in the keg to get the right carb levels. and what PSI do i need to set the regulator at. and should i get a diffusion stone for the keg? any other tricks i should know?:mug:

Don't waste your money on the diffuser stone lids. When I force carb I set the regulator at 12 PSI @ 38* and it becomes decently carbed within 10 days or so, but it takes three weeks to be perfect.

I purge my keg of O2 and set it to 30 PSI for 24 hours. Then I set to serving pressure (typically 10-12 PSI) for another 6 days. After 1 week the beer is almost perfectly carbed.

I purge my keg of O2 and set it to 30 PSI for 24 hours. Then I set to serving pressure (typically 10-12 PSI) for another 6 days. After 1 week the beer is almost perfectly carbed.

This is also what I do....but other threads have told me I am wrong, even though I think my beer tastes great.

There's several right ways to force carb a keg. Since I run 5 kegs off two regulators, I only use the 'set it and forget it' method.

If you had more psi control to each keg, then a high psi carb for a day, then set it and forget it would get you to final carb levels a little faster, without added CO2 bite that many report from the 30psi & shake it for an hour method.

Back