Capital Autumnal Fire All Grain Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DogTail

Reaction score
I recently had the opportunity to have the Autumnal Fire from Capital Brewery and really enjoyed it. I have been looking for a clone recipe for this with no success and decided to turn to this forum for some insight on the recipe. The email I sent to Capital Brewery went unanswered so hopefully someone will see this and provide a good recipe.

Some background about my brewing; I have made over 30 all grain batches and recently upgraded to doing 10 gal batches in a converted keg as a BK. I have a great HERMS setup for the Mash and a pile of steel in the garage for a quality Brew Stand that will be welded together over the next couple weekends (pics will go up eventually).

Again if anyone knows of a clone recipe for Autumnal Fire from Capital Brewery please help me out.

:mug:

So i didn't get any info here but the brew master from Capitol finally did reply with a generic layout for a doppelbock:

a version of a Marzen Doppelbock, which is what Autumnal Fire is:
Brewers Malt – 40-60%
Munich – 35-50%
Aromatic – 0-10%
Caramel (40, 60, or both) – 0-7.5%
Shoot for an OG of 19 degrees Plato (Specific Gravity ~ 1.080)
Bittering in the 25-30 range.

Once the brewstand is completed then I plan on giving this a try

Have you tried putting this "recipe" together yet? I had a post looking for advice on cloning AF a while ago but didn't rouse much help. One of my favorite beers. If you haven't tried Eisphyre yet, look around for it. It is AF on steroids. Less impressed with Eternal Flame, another AF spinoff.

I havn't put this together yet... if im going to brew a beer this big I'd like to have a bit more info to make sure it's going to be correct.

Doesn't it also include hot peppers? I don't see that in the recipe but have to think that gives it some of it's signature (fire) flavor.

Back