cant upload clear avatar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazyPBar

Reaction score
i know this doesnt really have anything to do with brewing but it is definitly a noob question. my profile pic and my avatar pic are small and fuzzy (smaller than most everyone elses i have seen). and they are as large as i can make them without it blocking them for being too big. any ideas? thanks guys.

When you try to upload the image, what does it say are the file size and dimension limitations? I think this is different depending on your level of contribution, but mine says:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 150 pixels or 97.7 KB (whichever is smaller).

What does yours say?

yup, you need to resize/crop your avatar to the dimensions suggested, other wise the application or web page will downsize it for you.

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 125 by 125 pixels or 15.6 KB (whichever is smaller).

yup my max size is definitely smaller. i just have the one year membership. i guess that is the problem. thanks guys.

Here you go...

I just scaled it down to 125x125 in an image editor:

brewlogo1_125x125.jpg

You should be able to use that for your avatar now.

EDIT: The URL for the image is: https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/data/1/brewlogo1_125x125.jpg

Latest posts

Back