Cannular Pro vs Oktober SL1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob2010SS

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at getting a can seamer here in the near future. I do NOT want the cheap one where it's operated with a drill. That's not for me.

I'm really almost set on the Cannular Pro, which eliminates the levers and seams the can with the push of a button. However, my experience with buying expensive pieces of equipment from MoreBeer has not been positive. To this day, I think they sold me a lemon unit of the BrewBuilt Icemaster Maxx 4 and they have absolutely zero support for it, but so be it.

The Cannular Pro is about the same price as the SL1. Both come with a 1 year warranty. However, given what I mentioned above, I'm leery of going with the Cannular. Anyone have one? What's been your experience with it?

Hey Rob, I deliberated on this very decision for weeks. Finally went with the Cannular Pro mainly due to the ability to use 12, 16, and 32oz cans. I can even get the adapter for steel cans - coffee/ food, etc.

As much as i loved Oktober as a company and the idea of supporting an American business (and wouldn’t have minded spending a few hundred dollars more for the same features) it just didn’t make sense at the end. Hope i was right.

What’s your experience been?

Actually its been very positive for us. We did go with the cannular. It’s worked great this far. If I had to guess were probably between 2000 - 2500 cans seamed with it to date. Don’t think I’d do it any differently.

Back