Canning vs Bottling - What do you do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan Logo

Reaction score
Trying to justify buying a Cannular but I honestly can’t pull the trigger.

On one hand I see the ease of sharing your brews with the cans as you wouldn’t have to lug around glass, but on the other hand, bottling seems so much cheaper.

What do you guys think? Should I pull the trigger?😁

the only reason i’d get a canner is for NEIPA. then it would stay hazy and hoppy for months with a simple can inversion. it would be very cool if unlimited income though...

already keg 😁 this is simply for sharing my homebrews!

I've gone through the same thought process many times. I'd really like to have a canner for the 'cool and fun' aspect. At the end of the day though, the cost of cans is the deal breaker for me (about 40 cents per can is the best I can get). I gave up giving out bottles of homebrew years ago too - they never come back clean. Now, if friends want homebrew, they can either set themselves up for kegging and I give them kegs of beer, or they can provide their own growlers or bottles that I fill as-is (no sanitising or cleaning on my part) with a beer-gun from kegs. If you like giving out homebrew though, cans will save a big PITA associated with trying to get clean bottles returned and the packaged product is supposed to last longer (oxidation).

Latest posts

Back