Candy Corn Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougie63

Reaction score
Thought Id be different this year and brew a candy corn ale, I figure I will do a holloween brew recipe and just 1.5 lbs of candy corn to it, I mean come on Ive never tasted a pumpkin ale that really tasted like pumpkin that much but you can call it that since its in there. what do yall think?

7lbs munich
3lbs vienna
.50 lbs Belgian Cara Pils
.50 lbs Belgian Biscut Malt
1.5 lb candy corn 15 min
1 oz hallertau 60min
.50 oz halleratau 30 min
.50 oz Tettnanger 30 min
.50 oz halleratau 15 min
.50 oz tettnanger 1 min

Wyeast German Ale 1007

I brewed the candy corn ale today a pound and a half of candy corn gave it a slight smell of cany corn already have airlock activity after 2 hours cant wait to try it

How's your brew doing? Do you have any tasting notes to offer?

On a similar note, I brewed similar using Belgian Ale yeast. Grain bill was pilsner, wheat malt, honey malt, lots of pumpkin, candy corn, and raw sugar. Spices include cinnamon nutmeg cardamom grains of paradise. Hops were mostly homegrown and large late additions near and after flameout using a hopback in line with a plate chiller and recirculating immersion chiller to quickly lock in flavor and aroma- Golding Willamette Horizon Centennial Cascade Mt Hood Santiam. Mash in at 110F. Decoction mash up to 148F. OG 1083 and expecting it to dry out to about 1015 giving about 8%ABV.

I'll follow up with tasting notes.

Yeah, in the bottle ready for the party cant taste the candy corn but has a nice sweet finish kinda like honey but just a touch so I would say its a success will be great at this years holloween party, next year I will hopefully do a butterfinger stout

Latest posts

Back