Candlejack's Apple Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candlejack

Reaction score
First off, I came up with this recipe, and I apologize if its the same as any other recipe.

Ingredients:
1 fuji apple diced
1 lemon diced
store brand apple juice
sprig of rosemary
1 can apple juice concentrate (I bought the cheapest frozen one I think it was the saratoga one?)
1.5 pounds of sugar

I mixed everything together, leaving some head space for fermentation
After about two and a half weeks I transferred it, topped it off with apple juice. Two and a half weeks later I bottled it. Drank some the next day. It was delicious. I Shared it with my family and family friends and they all loved it. They said this was the first homemade alcohol where they could actually taste what it was supposed to be. Everyone said not to change the recipe.

I'm actually planning on going out as soon as possible and buying a larger carboy to start a big batch of this one. If anyone tries this recipe, please post how it came out.

BTW I also used Yeast nutrient and camden etc.

Also, when transferring throw the leftover fruit and stuff down the garbage disposal, smells pretty nice :p

I take it you use a plastic brewing bucket and not a glass carboy? If not is it easy to get the fruit out when cleaning it? I ask because I've been tempted to add some fruit to the brew once in a while but have been unsure I wanted to put in the extra time to scrape it out after.

Latest posts

Back