Canadian Supplies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always brought my stuff to camcarb for refills when I was in the GTA, but that is in North Toronto. Do not recall good downtown options for such stuff.

Was browsing OBK for kits and noticed they had their Belgian strong dark ale 5 gallon extract kits down to $32.99 from $51.49. Pretty good deal, they include 12lb of LME. That amount of LME runs you $50 if bought on its own and doesn't even include the steeping grains and hops. So yeah I went ahead and ordered a few of these :D Got OG of 1.072 brewed to 24 litres

There's also the Belgian Golden Strong and Tripel IPA around the same price which are also both 12lb LME / 8.5% ABV kits

I just made a few orders from a few different Canadian homebrew supply shops to get parts I needed for a kegerator setup and some brewing supplies. Haven't received the orders yet but Toronto Brewing and Noble Grape (out of halifax) shipped out the stuff same day as ordered and provided good communication. Toronto Brewing even called me to insure my order was correct. For those who use canned kit beers - I haven't come across better prices then Noble Grapes for Coopers or Muntons kits. They charge 19.99 a can and have a wide selection as oppose to my local homebrew shop that charges 28.99 a can and only carries the most basic kits. They charged 15 shipping to Saskatchewan for the 5 cans I ordered and I didn't have to pay PST so I saved quite a bit. (I am all for buying local and would if it was a couple dollars more - but when the price is 50% higher and the selection is limited you got to do what you got to do)

I just made a few orders from a few different Canadian homebrew supply shops to get parts I needed for a kegerator setup and some brewing supplies. Haven't received the orders yet but Toronto Brewing and Noble Grape (out of halifax) shipped out the stuff same day as ordered and provided good communication. Toronto Brewing even called me to insure my order was correct. For those who use canned kit beers - I haven't come across better prices then Noble Grapes for Coopers or Muntons kits. They charge 19.99 a can and have a wide selection as oppose to my local homebrew shop that charges 28.99 a can and only carries the most basic kits. They charged 15 shipping to Saskatchewan for the 5 cans I ordered and I didn't have to pay PST so I saved quite a bit. (I am all for buying local and would if it was a couple dollars more - but when the price is 50% higher and the selection is limited you got to do what you got to do)

Noble Grape is a great store (chain)to deal with...Everwood Avenue as well...

Check out Prairie Brew Supply. They're located in the city that rhymes with fun. Good selection and I've always had good service. They're a lot closer to you in Moose Jaw.

Nice, Noble Grape. Leaf hops, and the DME's 1.8kg costs the same $/lb as OBK's 50lb. Happy to discover that store.

The Grain Barrel out of Lunenburg NS is a new player in the market. Rob's working hard and has competitive prices (associated with Everwood) and will work hard to help you meet your needs.

Back