Can I use the keg carbonation calculator for unflavoured sparkling water as well!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salmeen

Reaction score
Hi there I am planning to understand the right pressure and temperature for making sparkling water at home and I stumbled upon the Keg carbonation calculator. I was wondering if I can use it for calculating the pressure needed to carbonate unflavoured water? Also, can anyone please explain what formula they used to make the carbonation calculator? Thanks in advance :)

Hi there I am planning to understand the right pressure and temperature for making sparkling water at home and I stumbled upon the Keg carbonation calculator. I was wondering if I can use it for calculating the pressure needed to carbonate unflavoured water?

Yes, it should work fine for water.

Also, can anyone please explain what formula they used to make the carbonation calculator?

The underlying principle is Henry's Law. If you want to understand how it actually works, I'd recommend googling that. You might also find this discussion to be informative:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/better-carbonation-calculator-hopefully.630528/

Latest posts

Back