Can I use a connect 37 & 45 degree flare fittings if I use a flare washer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1lawng

Reaction score
I'm running my beer lines from a basement fridge to a tap on the first floor and I'm running into a snag with some flare fittings. I'm trying to connect one of a barbed swivel nut to a coupler (don't ask why...that's a whole other thread). I'm pretty sure the flare end of the swivel nut is 37 degrees. The coupler I have is 45 degrees. I bought it by mistake but it's much cheaper than the 37 degree couplers, so I'm wondering if I can make it work if I use a nylon flare washer. Does anyone know if the nylon washer would be able to "squish" enough to make up for the discrepancy between two different flare angles? It only needs to be able to handle my line pressure, but I obviously don't want to be inviting leaks.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm hoping to know if it will work so I can pick up the correct flaring tool.

Thanks.

Back