Can I fix low carbonation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riley484

Reaction score
Hello,

I have bottled a batch of Red. My buddy took 1/2 and stored it at his house without a basement. The temperature is probably high 60s low 70s and it was kept in a room with a furnace.

Mine was kept in a basement that have an average temp of 63 degrees. My bottles are much flatter than his, but they taste exactly the same otherwise.

Is the temperature difference definitely the cause?

Is there anyway to fix this after the beer has been bottled and placed in the fridge? Can I take the beers out of the fridge and store them in a warmer spot or will they go skunk? Should I just take this as a lessoned learned and drink the flat beer?

Thanks.

They should be ok if you take them out of the fridge and keep them in a warm place until they carbonate. You can gently turn them end-over-end to resuspend any yeast that fell to the bottom in the cold temperature of the fridge and then keep them at 70 for a week or two.

Latest posts

Back