Can I brew something with this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyth

Reaction score
So in my brewing cupboard I have-

1kg of pale DME
2 bags of priming sugar, measured for 5g batches
1 pack lavlin ec-1118
1 pack of lavlin k1-v1116
6 oz Santiam hops

This is the left overs I've picked up over the last few months here and there. What do you think HBT, if I throw it all together, will I end up with something resembling beer?

maybe a small brew, of somewhere around 10 to 12 liters

Well if I go out to buy stuff for a brew, I'll likely just go to the lhbs and get the rest of what I'd need for a proper brew. Was more just wondering if there was anything I could throw together with just those few things.

Bugger it, 3L of water, + 1kg of Pale DME & 1lb of amber DME I found laying around as well. 2 priming bags of dextrose.

4oz of hops at boil, 1oz @ 30 min, 1oz @ 5 min

Gonna toss the k1 v 1116 on it

Topping it up to 12L and fermenting.

Let's see what comes of random throwing **** together.

Well the extra DME will help for sure. I just wasn't seeing enough there to be anything useable... Let us know how it works out.

Well, it's 16h later, had an OG of .25, for a potential abv of 3.3%. Bit light, but hey might be a fine session brew. Has a very light color, almost BMC like in it's pale yellowness. Fermenting merrily away.

Here's hoping it's a nice light, hoppy beer.

Back