Can a RIMS Rocket be converted to a Hop Rocket...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronco1500

Reaction score
So, I purchased the BLICHMANN RIMS unit and was wondering if I can convert it, but after looking I did not find anything.... anybody hear of anything...?

THX, God bless

So, I did indeed ask the company Blichmann through an email via their "support page."
My question was as follows, "I bought a RIMS and would like to expand the unit into a HOP-Rocket. What should I purchase ?"

The reply was generated by Trevor Graham their Order Analyst.
"The RIMS clamps right into the hoprocket canister. See link below for manual. http://www.blichmanengineering.com/rimsrocket.html

Am I wrong, or did Trevor just give me the finger....?

I would offer "Trevor" did not understand the crux of the question - it's probably not a FAQ :)
I expect given the chronology of product introduction, folks that have had HopRockets laying about unused (note that they will decidedly NOT work with pellet hops) might be interested in sticking a RIMs unit inside one, while changing a RIMS into a HopRocket seems less likely.

I suggest asking specifically for the pieces shown in this image that are unique to the "HopRocket" vs the RIMS-Rocket.
Draw some arrows even :) And see if they would kit it up for you.

1608592982490.png

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back