Callin all guru's, wannabe brewmasters, and anyone else to cut up a recipe!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillbillyDeluxe

Reaction score
I'm doing a brewers best IPA. I normally brew all grain but i wanted to cook 3 batches this weekend so 2 of them are extracy. I am hugely disappointed at the hop schedule in the BB kit. Only 3 oz of cascades total. So i rewired it!!! OhOhOh.... More power.

Added 1oz warrior at the beginning with 2 oz of cascade. At 30 min into boil i'm addinf 1 oz of leaf cascade, at 15 min left i'm using 1 oz of cascade amd in a week i'll dry hop with mt hoods for one week in secondary.

I also wont add the DME until only 30 nleft to boil. What yal think. Enough or am i still short?

6 oz total?.. I'd say you're pretty good. It's kinda hard to tell without seeing OG and targeted IBU's.

If I misread that the first time and it's 4 oz total... still prob ok.

Are you not adding ANY dme until the end??? I don't use it alot - do you not have to worry about DMS with extract?

Also - assuming 5 gal batch... - It's hard without seeing recipe

Using 6.6lbs of light LME, 1lb of crystal(not sure the lovibond but to dark for an IPA IMHO) and 8oz of another grain. I always do the DME 30 min before flame out cause it cuts down on extract twang.

Back