Called The RO Water Co

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scruffy1207

Reaction score
I called the water co for the local RO dispenser to find out a few things. I told her I use the water for experiments and asked a few questions like how often is the filter changed (which I didn't really get a direct answer) and a few other questions about the machine. She asked what kind of experiments I do, so I told her I brew. "Ohhhh, ok" then proceeded to tell me everything I needed to know without me asking another question lol. She said she gets those kinds of calls a lot. Just thought I should share.

Edit: RO Dispenser

She couldn't give you a straight answer (that is, a single number) on change interval for the RO filter. The only correct answer is "it depends." Variables in the input water can have an effect on how long the RO filter lasts.

She didn't say that either. All she said was that there is a sensor that shuts the machine down if water quality falls below code, which was good enough for me.

Was that one of those water machines outside of grocery stores? What kind of info were you able to get from them?

Phunhog said:
Was that one of those water machines outside of grocery stores? What kind of info were you able to get from them?

What steps the water takes to get to the final product, a little about the inner workings of the machine. I forgot to ask about the water itself. Silly me it's what I called for.

Phunhog said:

And yes it was. Just check out their website, they should have a # to call. My grandma sent me a newspaper from ventura about Surf brewing and it reminded me about your nano. Any updates on your nano and it's progress?

Well my nano has stalled a bit on the business/licensing side. However I am making money selling t-shirts and all my friends are hitting me up to brew for their parties. I am also scheduled to pour at the California Beer Festival, which has something like 4K attendees. That will be some great exposure!!
Surf Brewing will be great! Not only a brewery but a homebrew shop too!! The guys operating it are super cool and all but one are avid homebrewers.

Phunhog said:
Well my nano has stalled a bit on the business/licensing side. However I am making money selling t-shirts and all my friends are hitting me up to brew for their parties. I am also scheduled to pour at the California Beer Festival, which has something like 4K attendees. That will be some great exposure!!
Surf Brewing will be great! Not only a brewery but a homebrew shop too!! The guys operating it are super cool and all but one are avid homebrewers.

Sweet I might be taking a trip up there soon.

Back