CA Brewpub Law Question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonlor20

Reaction score
So the laws that I have found mandate that a brewpub produce at least 100 barrels of beer per year. Is there another type of licence that allows brewpubs to produce less than 100 barrels per year, for instance, if you wanted novelty beer products on tap from time to time, but without the ability to meet demand with house product regularly?

Thanks,
Scott

You are talking about Bus. & Prof.Code § 23396.3? I looked, and I don't think there is anything else.

i would look into a nano brewery license. If you are a nano and you serve at your tap room, you are essentially a brewpub. I'm not sure if that works or not, but worth looking into. I've been debating going nano or brewpub for a while, but am more concerned with start up funds that barrel quantity.

i would look into a nano brewery license. If you are a nano and you serve at your tap room, you are essentially a brewpub. I'm not sure if that works or not, but worth looking into. I've been debating going nano or brewpub for a while, but am more concerned with start up funds that barrel quantity.

My idea is to buy a restaurant business with adequate space and allow that to pay for the expansion...

Im not to familiar with the laws, but like schristian said, if you have it set up as just a nano brewery, maybe as a 'separate business' then sell the kegs from one to the other (...is that legal?) then maybe that would keep you ok

Latest posts

Back