BYO Label Contest 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobyMD

Reaction score
Question for anyone who submitted a label. Have any of you heard about the results for this year? Last year they sent out an email to the winners.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I got an email today (6/10) that one of my labels got honorable mention. I'm pretty excited and can't wait to show my buddy that his artwork made the magazine. They mentioned the issue shipped last week, so hopefully it'll be here in the mail soon.

Congrats! Can't wait to see everyone's creativity. This is such a cool competition!

The pictures of the winners and honorable mentions are up on the BYO website. Most look really great!

Does anyone know what EC is? Editor's choice? My label this year.

image.jpg

Does anyone know what EC is? Editor's choice? My label this year.

(Yes, Editor's Choice) Dude, I love your label, I was just telling my buddy yesterday when I saw it. Did you do the artwork? Here's mine, I accidentally didn't put both names for the label, but my friend Andrew Rauenzhan did the pumpkin artwork. He also did the skull art for the other label I entered "Roasted ESB". ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402607402.024981.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1402607452.197585.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

dbball - Love em, Great job on the labels. Yes, I did the artwork for mine. It was all hand drawn and colored with marker. Then did the lettering in photoshop.

dbball - Love em, Great job on the labels. Yes, I did the artwork for mine. It was all hand drawn and colored with marker. Then did the lettering in photoshop.

Nice man. Great work. I'd love to see others if you have em. I noticed you listed a lot of names with the label. Did they help with the label design or just the brewing of the beer?

I'll post some others that I have done.
The others mentioned did not physically participate in the making of the label, although I valued their input. We are a team. They helped create the beer and the label is all part of it. The beer was amazing!

I'll post some others that I have done.

The others mentioned did not physically participate in the making of the label, although I valued their input. We are a team. They helped create the beer and the label is all part of it. The beer was amazing!

Nice! I always try to credit people who help me with my brewing and/or labels. I was kicking myself because I had a nice write up on each of my entries giving credit to the artist, but I forgot to add his name at the top where they obviously grabbed the info to print in the mag...you can see his signature on the lower left of my Potent Pumpkin label, but from now on I'll know I need to add both of our names to the personal info area so they will get printed in the mag (if we get printed again!)

My wife designed me a label for my Farmer in the Rye and it took Gold!

That's awesome man! Got my issue last week. This was my favorite label :). Love it, simple and clean. What did you/she design it in/with?

That's awesome man! Got my issue last week. This was my favorite label :). Love it, simple and clean. What did you/she design it in/with?

She hand drew the farmer dude then scanned it in, she designed the rest in Adobe InDesign. Shes a graphic designer by trade, is that cheating? lol

Latest posts

Back