Buzzed with Jury Duty in the Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GillandCo

Reaction score
Could it get any worse? I have been on call all week for this thing, and the one night I decide to get my drink on I have to be at the court house by 7:30...Not to mention it is over an hour away...O well Less complaining more drinking:tank:

I hope so, I was thinking of showing up looking straggle. Not shaving and wearing my worst attire!

My phone has 20% battery left...what was once killing time and making this experience somewhat bearable is shortly coming to an end...goodbye HBT I will return shortly when i get home

One good thing that came out of this is I placed an order for a brew stand, having so much down time makes me want to go crazy.

You know I had a week of jury duty a while back and it wasn't so bad. I didn't worry about work while I was there, and I got to go to a bunch of restaurants and bars downtown every day that I normally don't have the opportunity due to distance and time. Lots of good food and beer!

Actually my day was pretty good...got out of jury duty around 11 so I was only there for three hours...took the lady out to lunch. Went and bought a new xbox 360. Went home cracked open a couple of brews and tasted the thunderstruck! Which was amazing...thank you come again.

I had to do standby once, and was so pissed off that I had to sit there all day. Lunch break was spent doing shots of jaeger and drinking magners at a nearby bar. I was so loud and abnoxious that by the time they got to my name for the interview and I stood up, everybody perked up in their seat and a moan came over the room. I heard someone go "Here we go", and another say "This is gonna make it all worth it". When my interview was over, everybody clapped. Needless to say, I wasn't selected.

Come on, jury duty isn't all that bad... if you don't get picked that is :rockin:

I just got home from two days of jury duty. We never came to an agreement, so a hung jury resulted. Some insisted that we were stereotyping the young man. I looked him up on the Maryland judiciary case search web site when I got home. Turns out he has a previous assault charges, one manufacturing with intent to distribute cdcs, one auto theft and several driving without license charges and similar offences The great state of MD Did a poor job and he have away with punching a girl a least, and possibly a gun in her face, never found the gun.

I just got home from two days of jury duty. We never came to an agreement, so a hung jury resulted. Some insisted that we were stereotyping the young man. I looked him up on the Maryland judiciary case search web site when I got home. Turns out he has a previous assault charges, one manufacturing with intent to distribute cdcs, one auto theft and several driving without license charges and similar offences The great state of MD Did a poor job and he have away with punching a girl a least, and possibly a gun in her face, never found the gun.

He was framed...several times.

Sat on a Federal jury for 6 weeks a few years back. It was boring, but also a very good experience that I am glad I had. It also served to solidify my opinions concerning lawyers......:mad:

Don't like jury duty? Keep mumbling the words "jury nullification" :rockin:

Your reaction is the exact reason why prior criminal acts are not admissible during the guilt or innocence phase of a trial. That info is way too prejudicial.

They do come in for sentencing though...

Just got dismissed from jury duty yesterday. Showed up as summoned on Monday, and sat for 5 1/2 hours. One case went to a bench trial and the other was continued. Was told NOT to show up on Tueday...about half of the jury pool was told to appear. Appeared again yesterday, sat for 1 1/2 hours, and was dismissed from duty, since there were no other jury cases on the docket. Since I'm retired, it didn't really crimp my time.

glenn514:mug:

Im in college and I brew beer, jury duty is the best thing that ever happened to me. I get to sit in a room full of people while surfing the web for a few hours. Its the same thing as going to class only in class I pay to surf in jury duty I get paid to surf the web.

Latest posts

Back