Buy Beer Online? Seriously?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffalojoe29

Reaction score
I've just discovered that you can buy beer online. Can anyone recommend a site that they have used?

I'm looking for one with the best savings of course!

Thanks,

BuffaloJoe

Do you mean commercial beer, or beer brewing ingredients?

If you're talking commercial beer, most states don't allow any alcohol to cross state lines without a proper distributorship, which most of these online sites don't qualify for. They also "require" that the shipping company ID the recipient, though I'm sure this is hit or miss at best (if that applies to you...ahem). The larger sites have the same model as flower delivery, where they might be taking your order in NY, but they ship through a local store in your home city and state. Again, not all states even allow that, but most do.

If you are talking beer brewing ingredients, check out Austin Home Brew, Midwest Supplies, Northern Brewer, William's Brewing, Brewmaster's Warehouse for grain/yeast/equipment, Label Peelers and Hops Direct for bulk hops. Keg Connection and KegWorks for kegging equipment. Bargain Fittings for equipment fittings. No one is cheaper than any other across the board, but they have the most consistently low prices. Shop around between these and you can't really go wrong.

Some places do sell beer online.

BUT, you have to read the fine print because many of them have very limited areas of distribution. And several only allow you to place an order online but require a local pickup.

Ive never used and probably never will use an online beer vendor. But I have recently heard of Beerjobber.com

I'm sure no one on here does it...........but if you're wanting to send beer to friends in other parts of the country, how do you do it? I have a friend in Kentucky who i want to share my homebrew with, but he says it's illegal to ship beer in the mail in his state. Packing tips?

I'm sure no one on here does it...........but if you're wanting to send beer to friends in other parts of the country, how do you do it? I have a friend in Kentucky who i want to share my homebrew with, but he says it's illegal to ship beer in the mail in his state. Packing tips?

Yeast Culture suspension.

Don't use USPS. Use UPS or FedEx.

Try to find a thread here on HBT about packing your homebrew for shipping to a competition.

Your shipping yeast in suspension.....not beer;)

I see. Little slow today.
Wink-wink, nudge-nudge, and all that.

Well, i've been searching the beer swap threads and can't find any packing tips. Any help would be appreciated. My friends and relatives back home won't believe i've actually made beer till they're drinking it.

I see. Little slow today.
Wink-wink, nudge-nudge, and all that.

Well, i've been searching the beer swap threads and can't find any packing tips. Any help would be appreciated. My friends and relatives back home won't believe i've actually made beer till they're drinking it.

Wrapped in bubbles and squoze in a box.

Thank you guys for all of the suggestions. The reason I ask is that there are a few beers I want that aren't available in my local area. These sites are great!

I bought a 6-pack Imperial Stout sampler (22oz) from this place a few weeks ago. Came really nicely packed via UPS. They do ID while signing for the package.

http://www.letspour.com/deals?deal_type=beer

I order from there too...They have a pretty great selection of west coast brewery beers I can't get my hands on in South Dakota! They've upped prices a bit since I first started ordering from them, but now offer a deal on free shipping if you mix and match your own six pack of bombers. AND they've got a much larger selection now compared to when I first ordered.

And yes the packaging was great! I actually used it to ship some of my home brews to a friend in Boston.

I've ordered beer online a few times. Mostly hard to find stuff like sours or west coast only beers. The one I use the most is blackwells wines. Good selection. Shipping $ is a b***h though.

Unfortunately, my State (MA) is one of the backwards ones that does not allow shipping of beer from out of state. My only option if I really want something that bad is to ask a friend in CT to order for me and then drive down there to pick it up when he gets it.

Back