Business Plan Resources Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatschmaltez

Reaction score
A couple friends and I have decided we want to move from "talking about starting a brewery" to actually taking action. In doing so, our first course of action is to make a cash flow model, create a cost estimate for our brewery and develop a business plan. I have tried to do some searching online for ingredients cost, material cost, wholesale prices of beer, etc. and can't find anything. It looks like in many cases you have to call the vendor with a potential order. Do any probrewers have some good links or resources on how they developed their estimates and cash flow models?

Thanks in advance.

I've sent emails to a few vendors and told them I wanted to get some prices. They are more than willing to provide costs on ingredients and equipment. Just contact some of them. Can also head over to probrewer.com and take a look at those vendors.

Yeah, I checked probrewer. I guess if its kosher to get prices (not sure why I thought it wasn't) I don't mind emailing around.

Thanks

I can take a look to see what I have for some prices. It also depends on what type of equipment you want. I have some quotes for 3 and 7bbl electric systems.

I would be looking closer at the 7 bbl scale. Yeah, any info would be appreciated. Did you look into getting a consultant as well?

No, I never looked into a consultant. I am not rushing into it, so I am able to learn all the things I need to as I go.

Shoot me a pm with your email.

I have some 15bbl quotes and general pricing if you want more info shoot me a PM, I am just getting numbers together but have a good amount of research.

I recommend picking up two books:

"Brewery Operations Manual" by Tom Hennessy

and

"A Brewer's Guide To Opening A Nanobrewery: Your $10,000 Brewery Consultant for $15" by Dan Woodske

Thanks guys. I actually do own the first book you recommended Jason, I'll peep the second one. I think the first one was most helpful in knowing what you have to do legally however it didn't have much on how to develop an estimate or cash flow model... But it was useful

Shoot me an email and I'll do my best to help out, we are in the middle of it all. Have all our equipment, waiting on licensing.

steve at slapshotbrewing dot com

Latest posts

Back