Built me a beer tree

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fujieagle

Reaction score
I got a treadmill from a guy at work for free. One of the adjusters for the tread rollers was broken. I took the thing all apart because I wanted the motor for a grain mill. While looking at all of the metal on the floor in the garage, it occured to me that I could probably build a beer tree. Sure enough, there was enough metal. I got to use most of my cool tools and spent my weekend building. Now I don't really need the beer tree as I have a single tier system already. I will be donating the beer tree to a guy I stay with during my work week. He wants to get in to homebrewing. It's a win-win for me. I have my beer equipment at my house in Missouri and now I will have beer equipment in Texas:ban:

2011-06-09 14 16 42.jpg

2011-06-09 14 17 08.jpg

Looks great! I'm a big fan of that type of re-purposing (as evidenced by all of my ghetto re-purposed brew equipment).

Thanks for the compliments guys. I can't wait until I can afford a grain mill to try the motor out with. The tag on the motor says that it is 2.65 horsepower! Repurposing is great. One tread mill = beer tree, motor for grain mill and 2 long rollers that will become out feed supports for my table saw. Plus, an excuse to stay in the garage, drink beer and build things.:rockin:

Back