Built keezer already now need help with undercounter kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwood4beer

Reaction score
After following this great thread, I constructed my own keezer:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/converting-frigidaire-7-2-cu-ft-chest-freezer-162225/

We are remodeling our kitchen and somehow I got approval from the wife to have a kegerator installed under the counter. I am considering the cost/benefit on DIY vs. purchase. I have some constrainsts under which I am working.

Dimension constraints:
25" width x 35" height x 24" depth

After doing some research, I read that one needs 3" clearance around a fridge that is not specifically designed for undercounter for circulation. I may be able to increase the width by a few inches and the depth (as this will be at the end of the counter and could stick out, but will need cabinet door to cover). I cannot increase the height though. I would think I should be ok there, with no feet or casters on a fridge and with a hole cut in the counter for the tower and drip tray area to poke through.

Has anyone accomplished this under similar circumstances? If so, would you recommend a particular fridge? Any advise on an affordable undercounter one to purchase?

I appreciate any advice or suggestions. I have to figure this out - it is an opportunity of a lifetime!

Here is a pic of the keezer.

010 (2) copy.jpg

Back