Buffalo Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there's a recipe on the bottle that calls for almost as much butter as Frank's. "I put that s**t on everything." :D

Same as above but put a drop of a hotter sauce in with it. I like Blair's sauces,but be warned, some of them are HOT

citingzero said:
Same as above but put a drop of a hotter sauce in with it. I like Blair's sauces,but be warned, some of them are HOT

My wing sauce is a cup franks with some butter.
5 shakes Blair's ultra death. 2 shakes mad dog 357. Few shakes of Dave's special reservoir and if I am feeling really stupid 5 drops 3am

so do you guys deep fry or bake? I deep fried mine last night.....it's kinda messy....will have to try the baked version tonite

My method is a touch more involved, it's like steeping with specialty grains.

Coat dry wings (don't want ice or water ruining your mix for future chickens) in a mixture of cornstarch, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Then mix Franks, butter, Tabasco, brown sugar, and a splash of vinegar (I tweak the amounts of the first 4 to cater to who I'm making the sauce for) and some dry spices to finished products to amp it up on spice.

lex990 said:
My wing sauce is a cup franks with some butter.
5 shakes Blair's ultra death. 2 shakes mad dog 357. Few shakes of Dave's special reservoir and if I am feeling really stupid 5 drops 3am

Got a local bar that makes some bangin wings and will add 3am if you ask. I gave the bar tender specific instructions to "f me up." When the wings came out, I sent them back and told the to do it hotter. Came out again and still weren't super hot (not that I'm superman. I think the kitchen guys were just scared). The following week I gave the same instructions. I ordered 12 wings and could only finish 8.

3/4 cup Franks
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tbl worstershire (sp?)
1/2 cup butter or oil

Toss wings in them. We keep a jar of this around for various uses...the most recent of which was to make a batch of KILLER beef jerky.

Whenever we make wings we either bake or, preferably, grill them. The sauce varies but is more or less just Frank's and butter.
The absolute best wings I've ever made were over a campfire. Foil over a grate, wings on foil, fold foil over wings. Bake until mostly done. While that's going on begin heating a 60/40~ Franks to butter, add black pepper to taste. When the wings are ready, simmer in the sauce for as long as you want. Rotate wings out of sauce when they're done, eat those, and add more from the foil. They took forever but we had nowhere to be and they were fantastic. At home I'd just grill and then simmer in the sauce. Kyle

Latest posts

Back