Budweiser American Ale Commercial

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no problem with AB. I'm a beer snob, but I believe that all beer has it's occasion and that AB has it's place in brewing history. With that said, American Ale does suck. I can't think of a micro pale ale it stands up to.
It's not a pale ale.....

Ahoy hoy,
At the last craft beer show up here, Bud had a booth for their new ale. I didnt even see it until after my wife handed me her sample glass of it and I tasted it. First thing I said was, who would dare bring bud light to a craft brew show? Then I turned and saw what it was and what it was supposed to be. In a mystery glass, it was just another fizzy gold BMC, only a little darker. It was so nothing special. But, if you like BMC, it would be a welcome addition, as theres no doubt its close enough to BMC not to chase their loyal customers away.
They play their games, we play ours :rockin:
I bid you all a great day!

It's not a pale ale.....

I can't think of an amber I've had that it stands up to either. I've had a whopping 4 ounces of this beer, and I could have done without about two of them. I am a snob as well, and I freely admit it, but I don't think this is a good quality beer by any mark.

Oh, and for that silly Russian River comment... If ANY of their beer tasted like this, they wouldn't be where they are today. The craft brew industry is kept honest by people who aren't afraid to give their opinions, and the need for these smaller breweries to keep their product at the top of its game to compete against the big guys who can afford to buy shelf space.

I think a lot of people that have come out bashing it would be singing its praises if it was poured out of a Russian River bottle

I agree to that. It's not that bad guys. Just doesn't taste dry hopped (or hopped at all) and isn't full bodied because they know the avergae Bud drinker would drink it

I agree to that. It's not that bad guys. Just doesn't taste dry hopped (or hopped at all) and isn't full bodied because they know the avergae Bud drinker would drink it

You have to realize they're not going for the real craft beer market. They're trying to appeal to the masses with this beer. And I'm sorry, but the masses don't know jack **** about beer.

I decided I had to try it. It's not very good. Very Bland and no hop character. Definitely targeted at the BMC crowd. Maybe it will help "those" people realize not all ales are too strong or "heavy."

It isn't bad for a mass market beer. There are many better ones for a few dollars more and of course it doesn't come close to homebrew.

But I think it shows slow progress in recognizing that we're still to recovering from the damage prohibition did to brewing in America.

IMO it tastes a lot like REDHOOK ESB . Does anybody know who owns Redhook? WAIT..................

The people on this thread who are saying that Bud American Ale has "no flavor", "no hop character", or is the "same" as American Lager but just darker in color may need to just develop their palates.

I have had this beer, and to say that it has no hop character or flavor is flat out wrong. My advice to those who are reading these comments is to ignore those people. If their palates are so weak that they cannot detect the obvious flavor profiles in this beer, then I can't take any kind of food/beer review from them seriously.

When we are talking about palates we are talking about taste and as the old adage goes: "no arguments can be made about taste." Read any beer tasting column in Zymurgy magazine--three different beer experts will often disagree on specific details. These people you're condescending may not be senior members or have the discerning palate that you do, however they possess the ability to express their opinions respectfully.

IMO it tastes a lot like REDHOOK ESB . Does anybody know who owns Redhook? WAIT..................

I don't mean to come off as an a-hole here, but this is a misconception that I used to hold until I did some research a while back. In total, AB only has a minority stake in Redhook (less than 25%). The purpose of that ownership is basically a distribution agreement with AB so that Redhook gets national distribution of their beers...

So, I guess I'd say Redhook owns Redhook.

ALSO, my favorite part of the American Ale commercial is, "American Ale is top fermented..." Isn't that redundant? It's an ale, so that implies that it's top fermented. Ah, marketing...

I've had this again, and I think my opinion is that I'll search for something better if it's there, but this would do in a pinch. The bitterness is there, but there doesn't seem to be much American flavor IMO. I think it's lacking in complexity.

But, much better than their regular yellow fizzyness.

It was really light for what I was expecting when seeing it in a glass. Didn't taste much of the hops but that may of been the bar's fault as it seemed like most of their beers came out of improperly set up kegs. (They'd shoot foam, let it sit till the head was gone then shoot more foam...). I did find it more drinkable than their normal shat.

On the other had if I'm goin cheap I go cheap. PBR

The people on this thread who are saying that Bud American Ale has "no flavor", "no hop character", or is the "same" as American Lager but just darker in color may need to just develop their palates.

I have had this beer, and to say that it has no hop character or flavor is flat out wrong. My advice to those who are reading these comments is to ignore those people. If their palates are so weak that they cannot detect the obvious flavor profiles in this beer, then I can't take any kind of food/beer review from them seriously.

If they are drinking it at typical BMC drinking temperature (VERY COLD) then perhaps they can't taste anything in the flavor profile. In most cases with BMC products, that is the goal. But with a proper Ale, serving temperature is as important to the flavor as the brewing process itself.

I'm a super snob, i wont drink this beer because i'm pissed at A-B for merging with INBEV and they just announced the other day that they are going to lay off over 1400 salaried positions as a result and that's just the beginning.

I broke down and bought a 6er. Could actually taste the malt, the hops, not so much.The OL liked it, but said my light ale taste better.
As noted by others, why waste the money when you can get much better for a lot less $$.
AP

I was at a get together last night and my friend had bought a 6er. So i tried it and i thought it was nasty. Instead of being watered down yellow fizzy liquid it's brown. It was watered down, there was a slight hop aroma when first poured but that quickly dissipated. There was hardly ANY flavor at all and no bitterness. I drank it anyway and tried another to see if it improved and it got worse. My friend hated it more then i did and he poured the rest down the drain and gave me the bottles.

Back