Bud American Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brentk14

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the commercials for the Budweiser American Ale? I am a little embarrassed to say I am excited to try it. What do you guys think?

Inbev trying to pocket in on some of that craft beer market... I can see shocktop falling out since I'm sure they don't want to see one of their beers in direct competition of their Hoegaarden and by far cheaper...

[edit]

Oh it was covered already. :drunk:

It will be months or even a couple of years before InBev has direct control of AB. The product has been in the work for several years, well before InBev came into play. I plan on giving the Bud Am Ale (BAA....) a fair chance but I'm keeping my expectations low so as not to be too disapointed. Also the research I've done indicates a price range closer to what you pay for Sam Adams and such.

Sounds interesting. I think I saw a commercial where Michelobe was advertizing a Black and Tan, too. Hmmm.

Michelob has been making a Black & Tan for years......I haven't had it in quite a while, but I remember it being fairly tasty.

AB has a pretty big craft brew dept in st louis if i remember correctly. they even did a mission impossible.

Michelob has been making a Black & Tan for years......I haven't had it in quite a while, but I remember it being fairly tasty.

Never seen it, but then again, alot of beers don't make it to Utah.
I'll have to look for it next month when we go to Lake Tahoe.

i first found out about this when my mom called me and told me about it :) I am very interested in trying it...but i won't be expecting much. Probably just a traditional american ale that we have tasted before

i am hoping it will be as awful as the rest of the crap AB puts out. And if it isnt, i won't drink it anyway.

The more money that gets pumped into BMC the harder it is goignt o be to get craft brews. The new Bud American Ale will replace the one tap reserved for a monthly craft beer at small pubs. The Craft Beer industry is great because even though you have a giant like Sam Adams and other companies that are really popular, there is no behemonth that controls prices or market share. Everyone gets along together in the sandbox. And, really, BMC are bullies, and I dont want them in the sandbox.

I'm happy they're branching out some. I did notice the large breweries are going the craft-beer road. Kyle

Craft brews are the wave of the future man! History repeats itself doesn't it. Craft brews in a sense, are all people used to drink.

Latest posts

Back