bubbles slowing down

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sub1427

Reaction score
So my primary has been fermenting for only 36 hours and the time between bubbles is about 15-20 seconds, if by tomorrow its a minute should i go ahead and transfer to the carboy? or just wait the full week even though there will be no activity by then?

sub1427 said:
So my primary has been fermenting for only 36 hours and the time between bubbles is about 15-20 seconds, if by tomorrow its a minute should i go ahead and transfer to the carboy? or just wait the full week even though there will be no activity by then?
I would let it go the whole week. It won't hurt anything and you will get more yeast to flocculate which will stay in the primary when you rack it.

Thanks Rich, I gotta master this whole waiting game. My buddies and I are going in on 3 5gal corni kegs so we can drink sooner, waiting= less delicous homebrew. We are thinking we can time the 3 corni kegs so we always have homebrew on the weekends, would be pretty sweet.

Back