BTP and Whole Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMass

Reaction score
Does Beer Tools Pro factor in the water loss for using whole hops? I have never used brewing software and was leaning towards BTP.

My last brew I used pellets instead of the whole hops I usually use. I found my keg overflowing as a result. Maybe there were other factors but this seemed to be one.

I can't see anywhere in the software that takes the water loss into account. I changed the dry hops from Pellet to leaf and no change.

No it does not. In my experience it is not enough to worry about. Make a batch see how much you loose you did not account for then bump it by that amount, its a recipe thing.

ok, Thanks,

I wasn't so much thinking of dry hopping as that is later and wouldn't effect how much wort you get. I try to squeeze out as much as I can from the hops when I'm done.

I'm still considering whether I want to use a brew program or not. I think the ones that have used them are quite happy with them.

It's an easy way to keep your recipes organized with notes and to create ne recipes on the fly. It's also helped me help others troubleshoot issues. Brewing software in not a Panacea, a few things really can get annoying but overall it works well.

Latest posts

Back