Bru'n Water pH very low compared to other softwares?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
path to the riches you hope to accrue from a brew pub

Who said anything about getting rich? No need to be snarky. My brother owned a bar that I worked in for a couple of years. I know very well how difficult it is.

Rev.

Who said anything about getting rich? No need to be snarky. My brother owned a bar that I worked in for a couple of years. I know very well how difficult it is.

Rev.

Having communicated with A.J. many, many times, and realizing the limitations in text, i'd think he was joking more than snarking.

The point is, IMHO, that recipes don't make good beer. Good brewers with good process make good beer.

No intention to be snarky but not really joking either - perhaps more moved by the irony of someone thinking a secret recipe is going to make a difference in brew pub success. This sense of irony was probably stimulated by the fact that earlier in the afternoon phrases like "Ten or twenty cents on the dollar" were bandied about by my financial adviser with respect to a brew pub investment. And you would think this place is doing well if you walked into it.

The remarks about process should be taken seriously, though. That, not recipe, is, IMO the secret to good beer. And then, as you are evidently aware, good beer is only a small part of the recipe for success in the bar biz.

perhaps more moved by the irony of someone thinking a secret recipe is going to make a difference in brew pub success.

But see I never implied that, you assumed that is my reasoning. I don't want to share my recipes right now until I've used them in an established business. At that point I am happy to openly share them. I do very well understand that process is the most important, no argument there, and my feeling on the matter may indeed be flawed. But for now, I don't really stand to lose anything by not sharing them.

Rev.

But for now, I don't really stand to lose anything by not sharing them.

I've asked already, and so I won't push, but I'd argue that your loss will be the development of brewing tools that are less accurate than they might be otherwise. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back