Bru'n Water Inputs Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiffster

Reaction score
I'm not sure if my inputs for Sulfate and Nitrate are correct based on my water report. Bru'n provides instructions for converting the numbers from the report if they are displayed in a certain way by multiplying the report figures by a certain number.

I'm nit sure if mine require that conversion as there is a slight difference in the measurement terminology between the two. I have no idea how to describe this.

Could you take a look at my report and what I entered and let me know if I am correct please?

Thank you.

WR.PNG

BR.PNG

Your Nitrate value should be multiplied by 4.43 since it is reported as NO2-N. Your Sulfate value is correct the way you have it.

The calcium and/or magnesium values entered into the sheet are not correct. The water report says the total hardness is around 100 ppm in the raw and tap water. Their numbers for the tap water calcium are almost certainly incorrect.

The bicarb value entered in the sheet is also incorrect. You have converted the alkalinity to 95 ppm bicarb and yet you haven't input that value. Why?

Back